Thread: Is Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w good for mid range graphic cards?

Is Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w good for mid range graphic cards?

Planning to buy a new Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w. I has a limited budget so trying to get an affordable one that could suit all the mid range graphic cards. I have two video cards i.e. GTX 460 and GTX 6850 and I am really concerned about them. I am doubtful whether this cooler fan is possible OK for these graphic cards and that’s the reason I am thinking so much whether to buy it or not. I also know that this cooler fan is bit low in efficiency which really doesn’t matter for me but there should be no case where its efficiency directly effecting the high electricity usage.

I just need to ask you all that is this cooler master extreme power plus 600w is good enough for these graphic cards?

And is its low efficiency will directly have any impact on the electricity bill?

Re: Is Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w good for mid range graphic cards?

I do not have any idea about the relation between the cooler master extreme power plus and the graphic card may be its OK for these two cards. But for the electricity consequences you can directly relate the things to the PSU. If going for an extreme power plus 600w then you must determine which PSU Wattage you are required. You need to do one thing, just plugin your PSU to the hardware then calculate the PSU wattage from online, you can get it calculated from extreme power supply calculator lite.

Trust me friend this extreme power plus 600W is just a waste device which any one can get. Better you don’t waste your money in buying such useless cooler fans. If your don’t trust me you can read out the reviews from online. Above the 450W load HW secrets has seen its 12VB rail dropping below 11.4V limit which in turns is the bottom edge of ATX spec.

The extreme Power Plus series Models till 460 W are manufactured by AcBel Polytech, while models from 500 W and up are manufactured by Seventeam. So definitely you can expect a huge difference between those two categories, and unfortunately I found lots of negativities in the recent releases.

I would not like to blame anyone. As the 450W is fine but Seventeam made the sequence line up that ended in -E3 which had a huge amount of ripple problems on the minor rail above the half load. For GX series I guess there have been no reviews till now that end up in –D3 except for the 450W units. Trust me if asked to get a new cooler master then definitely the only thing I would be looking out for in this product will be the unit wattage it gives. I personally feels that there are only few going units in their lineup but not all of their units are good.

I bought a new cooler master extreme power plus 600W and trust me they have truly cheated upon me. I don’t believe such a reputed manufacturer of cooler master is carrying a power supply with fake wattage which is quite mysterious to all its users. Because each different user get to experience a different wattage but not exactly what is expected or mentioned on the device. We all know that this is a very low end power supply then why the manufacturer is trying to lie the user. Instead of 600W the unit labeled on the device should be edited as 450W, which is exactly the fact and also it should be sold for half of its original price.

Selling out for USD 70 and being labeled as 600W is a total mess up. There is an interesting fact which I would like to share with you all people. I am sure either you all will be surprised or else you will completely agree with me.

On the 600W power supply check out the label, there will be no information available regarding the Maximum unit wattage. I mean to say that the wattage number “600W” is printed without “W”. this most probably happens with those low end units and are suppose to give you maximum power but are unable to deliver the expected or labeled wattage.

If your go back to the history of cooler master you can make out that the 400W and the 500W models were always able to deliver their labeled wattage instead of fooling the user with some other unexpected unit. But both of them anyhow also had a negative issue with some other aspect, they both presented a high noise and ripple with their outputs.

But then later on the 460W and the 550W were not capable of delivering their labeled capacity and were unable to fulfill the requirement. And this continued in 600W too.

Not necessarily I need to go for this cooler master brand, if affordable and efficient then definitely I will go for some other product too only if suggested me with the appropriate reason and the positivity of that model. So along with letting me know about the 600W’s productivity and utility you can also suggest me with some other PSUs.

Yes definitely you should change your mind and go for some other PSUs. If asked me then my top choices for PSUs will be Seasonic and PC Power.
    Seasonic is the one which I am using. The best thing about this PSU is that it never cheated me in any aspect. It provides me with all those features which are mentioned exactly on the label. For your convenience I would mention some of the features here:

• High efficiency up to 87%
    • High reliable 105 degree Japanese brand capacitor
    • Ample +12V outputs
    • Ultra Ventilation

There are still lot more features which I didn’t mention as I was suppose to list down only the important ones.