Thread: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus and overclocked i5 2500k

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus and overclocked i5 2500k

I purchase a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus cooler plus install it so that I'd can overclock. I checked temps previously and with the stock HSF I could obtain temps in the 59 (C) at stock speeds by turbo boost off. After installing the new fan I had similar temps. I've try reseating the heatsink 4 times with changeable amounts of thermal paste plus this time it's the better until present, however it's still going up into the low 60's at stock speed through turbo boost off. I turned turbo boost on as well as set the turbo multiplier to 36 with ran tests once more and it goes into the less to mid 70's max at complete load. This look as if actually high for the reason that of every the reviews I saw for the 212 plus, tons of people were capable to overclock the 2500k to 4.0+ GHz plus still have speeds in the 50's below full load. What gives?

Re: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus and overclocked i5 2500k

Hey can you tell me are you using the hyper 212 TIM otherwise you're not using active silver are you?? And see if your mounting bracket in the back. Ensure you held every 4 bolts. is your case its closed? i see regarding at 10 degree drop in temps by my tower closed up?

I am utilizing the thermal paste that come among the cooler. every the bolts are fine plus firm, and the bracket is safe. I try with the sides of the case together on in addition to off and there was no actual variation. I try touching the copper pipes close to the processor when running at complete load but they don't appear to be getting warm, leading me to consider it might not be making fine contact, however I've already tried put in the thing on three different times and I'm not certain how I could do it another way.

I have similar issue ,Temps on coolers do not resolve in for a some time now. I purchase this hyper Evo in addition to have about 2c the initial day i buy it and place it on. 1.5 weeks after he had 12c less with no the overclock, the while he did overclock it shattered the previous cooler by 20c. if it’s not that so I'm sorry I don't be familiar with what it might be

By the way the cooler master hyper 212+ have awful contact through cpu against to the evo. The 212+ have spacing in among the cooper pipes on the place where the CPU is. The evo doesn't every pipes are equivalent to the CPU and have no spacing most important to better heat dissipation plus better temps.

For what I now I would like to tell you that you should try to wriggle it, if it move with no trouble, in that case you are doing something incorrect. See if that is the case

Hey if you are testing it with the intel burn test would not a good test to make use of yes it make the cpu very hot however does not pressure it as a great deal as prime95 . use prime and details back what temps you having with it

I think the cooler doesn't seems to be lopsided, however my CPU appears to be extremely to some extent concave. It's nice to hear that the temps may get better a little bit afterward on. I don't deem I'll purchase another cooler at the moment, I'll deal with what I include and if I not able OC much or in any way at present, . If something I'll wait until I have a bit more money plus go for water cooling. The HSF doesn't wiggle, however I am able to turn it sideways a little bit the total of free space among the peg on the cooler as well as the sides of bracket holding it .

I used the prime95 and saw a little increase with it not by much also adding one more fan can assist temps once more by 2-5c although also i work my cpu at approximately 78c plus haven’t had any problem, able to get my 2600k to 4.5ghz with my old hyper212 plus max temp was 74c