Thread: USB 3 cable or converter for eSATA port

USB 3 cable or converter for eSATA port

Hello friends, i am lot of computer which is having many esata ports and also having many external hard drive which are of USB 3. There is no system which is been supporting USB 3 and also i do not wanted to have install an addon card for this. Is there any USB cable or adapter which is been there that can connect USB 3 external hard drive to the esata port. Even if there is anything related USB3 (or sata) speed then please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: USB 3 cable or converter for eSATA port

There are been many convertor available for USB 3.0 to eSATA Adapter and you can try that it might be working for your hard drive. There might be not any difference in real performance, i have some of the thing which might be helpful and you can get online also.

• BYTECC USB3-ESATA SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to eSATA 3Gbs Adapter
    • SIIG JU-SA0412-S1 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to eSATA 3Gb/s Adapter for eSATA Hard Disks

I have got some problem but i am having the list of the things which might be helpful for you and also you will be able to do the connection, you will be easily get on online store, so you search for it

• SIIG CB-US0C11-S1 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A (F) to Micro B (M) gender changer/adapter - Changes Type A to Type Micro-B
    • BYTECC USB3-ESATA SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to eSATA 3Gbs Adapter - E-Sata cable 1.64ft
    • Nippon Labs eSATA Cable 0.5M (1.64 ft.) eSATA cable for SATA I and SATA II Hard Drive Model ESATA-0.5M - E-Sata to USB3 adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    I have got some problem but i am having the list of the things which might be helpful for you and also you will be able to do the connection, you will be easily get on online store, so you search for it

• SIIG CB-US0C11-S1 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type A (F) to Micro B (M) gender changer/adapter - Changes Type A to Type Micro-B
    • BYTECC USB3-ESATA SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to eSATA 3Gbs Adapter - E-Sata cable 1.64ft
    • Nippon Labs eSATA Cable 0.5M (1.64 ft.) eSATA cable for SATA I and SATA II Hard Drive Model ESATA-0.5M - E-Sata to USB3 adapter
    I think that it might be of the reverse option. Even feel that there it might be required to have the several components, which we are note confirm that it will work for me. Till time now no one have tried this and also i do not think it is work to go for.

It will be work fine for you, as i have tried working form me, and i would suggest that you connect to the back side of the computer, then till work fine for you. The difference is that you will be not getting speed which you used to get on USB 3, but you will be able to get the speed of the eSATA which is something near to a second.

I think it will be highly unlikely any of the suggested and will not work as backwards. I am having the solution that you need to pull the Hard drives out of the current external enclosures and then insert it in some of cheap eSATA enclosure. But when you will be doing this might be void the warranty on the HDDs, which will not be the important for you. It is very bad thing that there is no manufacturers which are making a "reverse" USB 3.0 to eSATA adapter.

You can try the 3 ft SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to eSATA Cable Adapter, which lets you connect an external SATA (eSATA) device or enclosure to any computer via USB 3.0 that also in a single convenient package, where the adapter cable combines USB 3.0 and eSATA cables into an integrated cable and also there is no need of external power source or driver installation, it is simple and hassle-free installation, no worry about the assembly or searching for the right cable required.

If you are thinking about the USB power line then lety me tell you that it is not essential to provide power to any of the external storage drives. The adapter which are been told by the other it like as versatile and it seem to bad way of interfacing computer without having the USB 3.0 sockets for the external and powered storage device which is having the USB 3.0 interface. Whereas the eSATA socket backplate are very much affordable and it will be easily install in a desktop PC. It will be able connects by cable to any SATA motherboard socket. So if you used the cable which are been suggest then you could connect a USB 3.0 external drive to an eSata socket running at SATA II or SATA III speeds.

I have found such problem with the pre-USB 3.0 high end laptop, where as i am having the eSATA port on my laptop and well i have not used the external hard drive for supporting for USB 3.0. I was looking for cable that can go from eSATA port to the micro B male USB 3.0 port of my Laptop of the new external hard drive. Whereas the NewerTech and SIIG makes the eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter, also someone need to have reverse solution for it, such that USB 3.0 to eSATA Adapter.

If you are searching for bottom side of an esata connector then it is of 4 pins. I would suggest that esata port is enabled in BIOS of system, then try to plug the USB cable of the external HDD into the esata port. It is not fitting then check that how you are trying to connecting the cable, try to flip it around. Then you connect it and will work for you. I wanted to make it clear that esata works properly on half on a USB bus, but the speed will not be same of the USB 3 and also you will be to get extra USB ports.