Thread: Zalman reserator xt stops working

Zalman reserator xt stops working

Hey I have zalman reserator xt cooling system but when I start the system, the reserator starts in auto mode and then stops after sometime by giving lots of beeps!i have tried reset it but it did not cganging anything! When I switch it to the manual mode and if the volume too low it will also stop, but when I turn it to the highest speed then it stays running! The flow rate is always 0.5 and never exceeds it.i have replaced the one reserator because of this problem before also! Please help me?

Re: Zalman reserator xt stops working

It looks like you are not getting the proper water flow for system in auto mode and that is why it is shutting itself to prevent from any damage! check the lines and the waterblocks to see if there is any problem that may be causing it! waterblock need regular cleaning specially if you are not using distilled water for your system! See if there is anything trapped in between the blocks !

No there is nothing trapped in my waterblocks and I have also cleaned my reserator !i also tilted the whole reserator to see if there is any air trapped inside any water block butthat did not help me! As this is the new system so there is no need for de-assembling the system also! My reserator has FluidXP+ Ultra Coolant with Z-7 UV which is best in the series so there is no issue related to performance!

I have bought the silver reserator xt and it was also beeping again and again it was not degassing properly! I had spent nearly 6 hours solving it but it didn’t work and I had to return it for repairing it, second reserator that I had bought started showing the same problem and had to return it for third one too! This time I ordered the black one and that solved the problem, it degassed automatically when switched to automatic!

I found what causes the poor waterflow:

The person / machine in charge of screwing the metal fitting on the pump had overzealously screwed it in as far as it could go, effectively blocking the flow.

( pictures on demand )

I had to disassemble the whole thing to get to the pump and then unscrew the damn fitting from the pump itself.

Put the fitting back on minus a couple of turns, sealed the thing with silicone ( see, after it has been screwed all the way in it was a bit loose ), put everything back in place and it worked ( flow meter top of gauge ), max waterflow.

( again, pictures of the process only on demand )