Thread: corrupt or missing driver (code 39) for Sony optiarc ad-7201a dvd-rw

corrupt or missing driver (code 39) for Sony optiarc ad-7201a dvd-rw

In my computer I am using optiarc ad-7201a dvd-rw and I am facing problem with my DVD ROM. It has suddenly disappeared from my system. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the drivers and then installing again in my computer but that does not help me to solve this problem. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: corrupt or missing driver (code 39) for Sony optiarc ad-7201a dvd-rw

After referring your problem I will first suggest you to try to solve this problem by disconnecting the optiarc ad-7201a dvd-rw from your computer and then connecting it with your computer again and then you have to start the computer and then check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by disconnecting the optiarc ad-7201a dvd-rw DVD-ROM from your computer and then connecting it back to your computer again and after that also if you are facing same problem then you have to connect your DVD ROM with other computer and then check whether it works properly with other computer or not. If it does not give you the same problem after connecting with different computer then problem is with your computer and if it will give you the same problem then there might be issue with the DVD-ROM only.

I hope by doing this you will be able to identify exact problem.

I have disconnected the DVD ROM from my computer and after that I have connected the DVD ROM again with my computer and after that same problem occurred. Now after that when I connected the DVD ROM with other computer at that time it worked like a charm. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

According to me this problem also occurs because of incompatibility of the CD/DVD burning software in your computer. in your computer if you have installed any software related to the CD/ DVD burning then you have to first remove that and after that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have solution to fix this problem. You have to first open start menu in your computer and after opening the start menu you have to type regedit option and then you have to press enter button. Now after that you have to look for this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    After that you have to delete upper filter and lower filter from there and after deleting that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer your problem will get solved.

Yes I totally agree with the above solution because with my DVD ROM also I was facing same problem and after that I have removed lower filters and after restarting the computer my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me.