Thread: How to configure Asus Xonar DG sound card for games

How to configure Asus Xonar DG sound card for games

I am looking for optimal settings- mostly on this card. I am stuck in configuring the 7.1 virtual speaker shifter. Can anyone tell m, if you enable 8 channel sound, then should I need to enable Dolby Headphone and 7.1 speaker shifter? Is it possible to change from 7.1? or 5.1 in in-game settings. There are still more confusing things on channels shifter. Can anyone explain it properly?

Re: How to configure Asus Xonar DG sound card for games

My personal settings is always the same all HIFI mode without active DSP, I prefer to stereo sound without tweaking the whole multitude of options that I can use, what do I gain by it? sincerely for comfort and not having to go fiddling with anything as the game you are pouring hours.

It can come from both settings, the audio player, the type of files (CD / MP3 or loss less compressed to death), the type of amp and speakers involved, a lot actually, but not really possible to say more without more information. DG is not a bad card, but this is the entry level Asus, we are not at the DX, let alone a small M-Audio 2496.

Like Xen One headphones , the new Asus sound card fits into its Xonar line, designed for games and multimedia applications.

The aim of this new card is to provide 6-channel surround sound even when using headphones, when amplification which has been improved. Although it has been created for powerful desktops, we can mount it using a computer accessory pad or room if you want to cover is basically the general multimedia aspect.