Thread: how to upgrade Video Card/PSU in HPE-180t

how to upgrade Video Card/PSU in HPE-180t

I have HPE-180t desktop pc and I have never upgraded a video card or a power supply before. I want to upgrade the GPU from the GT 220 graphic card to a GTX 560 Ti. Can anyone suggest me how can I upgrade it?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: how to upgrade Video Card/PSU in HPE-180t

I will suggest you to properly measure the back of the case to front of the case where the card will be installed. You will find how much more space is available for you. I will recommend you Corsair and OCZ for upgrading the PSU. There are two best options that you should see to it seriously. You should compare the measurement of your existing PSU and that you are going to have.

When I opened my case I found out there is very little space for 560 Ti to fit as 560 Ti graphic card is big card and needs 2 slots on the mobo to fill. The GT 220 fits very tight on one side and it's not as large as the 560 Ti. Does the size of the case vary between different HP desktop models??? Please help me I am stuck in this. Thank you.

I have just read the specs of your desktop pc I have found the product dimensions are 9" x 4.38", measured in length x width. The depth is not listed in the specs so there will be no issue regarding clash with any side. There are many options of video cards to choose from:

• XFX
    • BFG
    • EVGA
    • Sapphire
    • PNY

Their reviews are better. If I were on your place I will not hesitate and buy from these options

I ordered the parts and finally got everything set up and whola it is running smoothly. I was worried that I will put force on the wires but I gradually worked and got everything right. Now I am able to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution very smoothly.

Kudos to you my friend!! I will appreciate hearing how do the components work in future. Just take your time with the PSU and you will get it right very quickly. If you want any help in future do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks a lot guys for helping me to upgrade. I am very happy that now i am able to upgrade it easily. i am highly admired. Really appreciated guys. thanks again guys.