Thread: Need advice regarding power supply for HP Pavilion p6720f

Need advice regarding power supply for HP Pavilion p6720f

I am having HP Pavilion p6720f and it was working fine by now and I was running xp on the same and now I am willing to upgrade it with a 16GB ram from 6gb and I am switching to GeForce 210 as I am willing to use HDTV as a monitor with the help of HDMI cable, as far as I am aware of the video card it needs 300W PSU where as my machine is having 250W PSU so I just wanted to know that since I am having the nearby psu is there really a need to upgrade it as well??

Re: Need advice regarding power supply for HP Pavilion p6720f

I am having HP Pavilion p6720f and it was working fine by now and I was running xp on the same and now I am willing to upgrade it with a 16GB ram from 6gb and I am switching to GeForce 210 as I am willing to use HDTV as a monitor with the help of HDMI cable, as far as I am aware of the video card it needs 300W PSU where as my machine is having 250W PSU so I just wanted to know that since I am having the nearby psu is there really a need to upgrade it as well??
    See if you already know that the video card that you are willing to buy has been recommended for 300W PSU then why are you going against the same, The other thing that I wanted to share is that if you are willing to upgrade to the i6 gb then the GeForce 210 is the right card that you have chosen, I just wanted to know that if your system is already having a video card, I mean that if you don’t and if you are not using the DVI port then you can better get a DVI to HDMI cable, I think that you should probably go for 600 watt PSU and some other end high video card as pet the specs that you have mentioned above.

I have not yet decided the same but then I had just thought of them, anyways my pc is having a video card and I am just upgrading it in order to use the HDTV as monitor, so which video card should I go for?? If I am don’t want to upgrade the psu???

In that case you can go for Radeon HD 4550 DMS59 it won’t have any problem in working with a 250 watt power supply but then you will still have to use DVI to HDMI cable or say DVI to HDMI adapter, I am not sure but then you also might have to get a separate audio cable if you need audio as well.

Thanks for the same but then I just wanted to know that why wont the GeForce 210 work with the specs that I have mentioned, actually in the system requirement it is stated that it should have 250 watt power supply or above so I will say that I am having the minimum requirement but then in my case I am not that used to gaming so I don’t think that there should be any problem, what do you think about the same???