Thread: how to format C drive and save D recovery

how to format C drive and save D recovery

I have a HP desktop which is 5 years old with XP. I want to format the C drive only and keep the D drive on recovery with the OS intact. I want to clean OS installation to the C drive after a format with the D drive on recovery OS.

Re: how to format C drive and save D recovery

I will suggest you that when you perform this action it deletes the partition and creates a new partition. If by chance you use destruction method then the c partition drive will be formatted and all the application and operating system will be replaced.

The HP Recovery Restore Utility, which is stored on the D drive partition, can be used to restore the system back to the state as it was original. By selecting destructive method you can format and thus all the data would be wiped out from c drive. The D partition will remain as it is and always be recovered. You should backup any data before you start the Restore process.

You should access the HP Recovery Restore Utility. After that when the system boots you should click on the HP logo. After entering in the restore utility select the destructive method and gradually C: partition will be formatted and install original software. The system will automatically reboot and you should enter the exact information to start the system.

I am planning to use second hard disk with an OS on D partition drive and format the HP hard drive C partition only using windows format. Is there any full OS on the partition and can I clean OS install??

Recovering installs the package which loads extra garbage. A quick format is not a true format; it deletes the file but makes the file unrecognizable to file system to be overwritten. The destructive recovery is in quick format so that the files get deleted. You can't install a clean XP without the extra software bundle having D:\Recovery. Recovery drive won't boot from the F10 key at power on once C drive is formatted. It will be through F11. You should burn OS Recovery Disk set and after that execute complete format and install. After that Create OS Recovery Disc Set in XP.

I am satisfied with your information. It has helped me a lot. Thanks a lot guys. now i am able to fix my issue.

Thanks’ a lot friends for giving me such a relevant information. Really appreciated guys. It has worked wonders for me. I am admired for having so many replies.