Thread: How to recover data from Lacie EDMini 250GB

How to recover data from Lacie EDMini 250GB

Hi friends I am using ED Mini 250GB network drive, It was working absolutely fine and get crashed due to overheating. now I want to recover my data from my Lacie EDMini 250GBbut I don’t know how to do that. I have tried to find the steps regarding recovering data but I dint find anything. Please help me out with this. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to recover data from Lacie EDMini 250GB

I have read you problem regarding your hard drive. To recover data from your hard drive you have to follow below steps.

• First of all you that remove hard disk from its enclosure and then you have to plug it directly to your computer.
    • Now you have to download Knoppix Live Linux CD image from internet and then burn it.
    • Start your computer with Knoppix Live Linux CD.
    • Open terminal window.
    • Enter following command
      Code:
      fdisk –ul
    • After executing command it will show you all the details about the connected drives with your computer and their partitions.
    • Now enter
      Code:
      cd /home
      mkdir test
    • If your data is mounted through lop device then we need to search available lop device with following command.
      Code:
      losetup -f
      /dev/loop11
    • Suppose it has sector of 512 bytes then try 394813440 offset value to /dev/sdb3 on it. Try below command.
      Code:
      losetup /dev/loop11 /dev/sdb3 -o (your offset value)
    • Now you need to mount loop to test folder. To mount loop device in test folder you need to use below command
      Code:
      mount -t vfat /dev/loop11 /home/test
    • After trying above steps you have to try to mount your photos and audio file and with this command.
      Code:
      ls test
      films/ mp3s/ photos/ tools/

I hope by performing this steps you will be able to recover your data. If you find any difficulty with this then let me know.

I was also looking for the steps recover data I have tried above mentioned steps. Now when I enter the losetup /dev/loop11 /dev/sdb3 –o command with offset value 394813440 at that time I get “wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop11,missing codepage or other error” I have also tried different value but that does not make any difference. Is there anything wrong with command or I have to try different offset value. Any help will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoya View Post
    I was also looking for the steps recover data I have tried above mentioned steps. Now when I enter the losetup /dev/loop11 /dev/sdb3 –o command with offset value 394813440 at that time I get “wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop11,missing codepage or other error” I have also tried different value but that does not make any difference. Is there anything wrong with command or I have to try different offset value. Any help will be appreciated.
    You should try different value with losetup /dev/loop11 /dev/sdb3 –o command and then see whether you get any error message or not? Try 32256 value with that command and the check whether it helps you to resolve problem or not/ I am telling you this because I was also having similar type of problem and then I have tried different values and 32256 value worked for me.

I am also using Lacie EDMini 250GB and I would like to know that is it possible to hook my EDmini with my laptop with the help of Ethernet port? When I connect my drive in ubuntu with the help of Ethernet connector at that time I cannot see it. If anyone have any idea regarding this then let me know.