Thread: OCZ releases first 1TB SSD

OCZ releases first 1TB SSD

I read that the OCZ Octane recently launch new 1TB SSD drive. Also few interesting things about this drive is that they available in 6Gbps SATA support and one limited to 3Gbps. 560/400 MBps are the speed of respective read/write process on this drive. SO, i am looking forward to buy this drive. Is there anyone already buy it and use windows 7 as a bootable OS?? If yes, please share your knowledge. Thanks.

re: OCZ releases first 1TB SSD

Such recently launched first Octane drives has been available from 1st November 2011. After comes into market immediately i buy it and still last two month i used it with my laptop. I used windows 7 on it. There will be nothing wrong happen on it. It's a great milestone but since an SSD shines best as a boot drive. After connecting it to the laptop as i found that there is nothing wrong happen on it. Hence its best for me and i think you can also check its result with the windows 7.

re: OCZ releases first 1TB SSD

Investing a lot of money in an SSD is always a tough decision. As per my knowledge, OCZ is expecting pricing to fall somewhere within the $1.10 - $1.30 per GB range. So, might be SSD drive comes up with $1300. Hence i think the developer should be think about this price. I think its totally high and lots of user thinks about its cost.

Re: OCZ releases first 1TB SSD

OCZ is expecting pricing to fall somewhere within the $1.10 - $1.30 per GB range. So, if we can calculate the cost of the 1TB as per this rate, definitely it comes around $1300. Hence I also requesting to OCZ that should be think about its cost. While my friend bought it in last month and during connectivity and installing windows 7, he never faced any problem. That's good for performance point of view. Also it compatible for both standard wear leveling and background garbage collection. SO, its well for saving space that might be waste in other drive after delete such location file.