Thread: Can original Xbox games be played on Xbox 360 slim?

Can original Xbox games be played on Xbox 360 slim?

I am thinking to get the Xbox 360 slim but some of my friends are telling me that it will not be having support for some of the original Xbox games. So I just wanted to clear this thing first. also tell me other features of this so that I can take the final decision that if I should get this or not.

Re: Can original Xbox games be played on Xbox 360 slim?

I would like to tell you that if you are having the Xbox 360 with the official HDD then that will play all the Xbox supported games. So this is the only thing that you need to keep in mind.

The slimmer Xbox 360 Slim 250 GB convinces with its black glossy finish. The insides were drilled compared to previous models strongly: the fast 802.11n WiFi provides for fast data transmission in the home network and a faster connection to Xbox Live, the network for games, updates, movies, or online multiplayer matches. The integrated hard disk now has a capacity of 250 gigabytes, providing plenty of room for games, videos, pictures or music.

The Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim 250 GB already has a connection for the new Kinect motion controller (sold separately), with the games only with movements and gestures can be controlled. The Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim has 250 GB Ethernet port, five USB ports and a HDMI output for best picture and sound transmission. An optical audio output is also on board. The wireless controller is ergonomically perfectly shaped and has a high range and battery life. With the Xbox 360 Headset lets you chat on Xbox Live or communicate in online multiplayer games.

Product Highlights:
    • Product Type: Game console
    • Weight: 4.96 kg
    • Height: 18.4 cm
    • Width: 30.5 cm
    • Depth: 29.2 cm
    • Device Color: Black
    • Media Type: DVD
    • Built-in Memory: 250 GB
    • Maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080
    • TV connection: HDMI, component video, composite video
    • Supported audio formats: Windows Media Audio (WMA) Standard, WMA Pro, WMA Lossless, MP3
    • Supported video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, WMV 7, 8, 9, VC-1, H.264, MPEG-4 AVC, AVI, DivX

The new Xbox 360 Slim is reportedly cracked. One hacker group claims to have succeeded to change the DVD drive of the console so that it can play copied games.

Features:
    • Sleek new design: With its distinctive design and the black glossy finish, the Xbox is now also visually highest standards
    • 4GB Hard Drive: The hard drive is ideal for downloading and storing HD movies, games, game add-ons, music and much more
    • Integrated WiFi: Establish wirelessly connect to Xbox LIVE, you play with friends all over the world, and discover a new dimension of entertainment.
    • Whisper: The new Xbox 360 is characterized by quiet operation, so you can enjoy games and movies undisturbed
    • Content:
    • Xbox 360 console, including Black 4GB hard drive
    • Wireless Controller Black
    • AV connector cable included
    • Manual
    • Colour: Matt Black