Thread: Canon LBP5000 printer is not compatible with windows 64-bit drivers

Canon LBP5000 printer is not compatible with windows 64-bit drivers

I am using the Canon LBP5000 printer and I am running windows XP for printing as I heard that windows 7 and windows vista does not recognize the 64bit driver for this printers , anyone having the information whether canon going to be released the latest 64bit driver for this printers or not so I can use the vista mode to print works , I am going to continue with windows XP only if the canon not going to do anything with the 64bit drivers because this is really nice printer , but i hope canon will do something for this 64 bit driver. Please recommend me if you are having some information regarding this fact.

Re: Canon LBP5000 printer is not compatible with windows 64-bit drivers

I am facing the similar problem as I have bought this Canon LBP5000 printer 6 months ago , and I am using it for my work but the vista 64bit unable to recognize the driver and because of this now my printer doesn’t work , now I want to know that whether any driver has been released by canon or not so I can install it , because this very frustrating for me to buy a new printer instead of the one I have which is just 6 months old , if anyone having the information about the latest drivers released by the canon for vista 64 bit then please suggest me.

I know that this canon LBP5000 Printer is not working with the vista 64 or even with the windows 7 (64bit), and I think the canon only offer a vista 32bit driver and there is no 64bit driver available so you can download it for your windows 7 or vista

I think you should try to download the vista 32bit drivers on your computer and then try to print using the vista mode with this canon model because some of the canon model is compatible with the64bit driver I am not sure about this but you can once try it out I hope so this will worked for you.

There is no 64bit driver is available for the windows 7 OS from canon, but if you want vista 64bit driver so you have to get the other model of canon , you should buy the Canon i-SENSYS LBP536 printer this is really a great printer since I am using it from 3 months , this model operates upto 22 pages per minute and you will get the 64bit driver for windows XP as well as windows Vista ,and if you doesn’t buy the new one then you can just stick with the windows xp with the canon LBP5000 model this one is also a great printer from canon and you can wait for the latest driver update .

I would like to recommend you that instead of buying the new model you just use the XP mode to print works while using the canon model you have and if you want more information on the 64bit driver regarding your canon LPB5000 model then you should try to contact with the canon customer services either by calling or e-mailing them.