Thread: CPU(Intel i5 430m) & GPU(nvidia Geforce GTS 360M Cuda 1GB ) is getting too hot

CPU(Intel i5 430m) & GPU(nvidia Geforce GTS 360M Cuda 1GB ) is getting too hot

I am having the cpu and the gpu that has been mentioned in the title and then problem that I have started facing is that the fans are running significantly less since I have switched to Ubuntu and this is making the cpu and the gpu very hot,I have recently installed Speedfan but then I don’t think that is helping because the temperature is reaching 230* F, I have crashing as well when I was playing games, I have not tried any kind of over clocking by now, I don’t know why I am facing this problem, is there anyone who is facing the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.

Re: CPU(Intel i5 430m) & GPU(nvidia Geforce GTS 360M Cuda 1GB ) is getting too hot

I am having the cpu and the gpu that has been mentioned in the title and then problem that I have started facing is that the fans are running significantly less since I have switched to Ubuntu and this is making the cpu and the gpu very hot,I have recently installed Speedfan but then I don’t think that is helping because the temperature is reaching 230* F, I have crashing as well when I was playing games, I have not tried any kind of over clocking by now, I don’t know why I am facing this problem, is there anyone who is facing the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.
    Before I suggest you something about this I will like to know the specification of your systems, just post the same here so I can have a better idea about the problem that you are facing.

Re: CPU(Intel i5 430m) & GPU(nvidia Geforce GTS 360M Cuda 1GB ) is getting too hot

My computer is having the below specification:
    • System Manufacturer/Model Number ASUS G60JX Republic of Gamers
    • OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    • CPU Intel i5 430m
    • Memory 4 GB DDR3
    • Graphics Card nvidia Geforce GTS 360M Cuda 1GB
    • Sound Card EAX Advanced HD 4.0
    • Screen Resolution 1366 x 768
    • Hard Drives 460 GB 7200 RPM

The temperature that you have mentioned are really too high for the hardware that you are having, there are chances of them resulting in to some more serious issue, so before that make sure that you are having heat sinks, fans, and air filters clean and there is not dust on the same, if you want then you can try out the a can of compressed air and rather than using a vacuum cleaner in order to prevent from frying the components and all. Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference or not.

I will suggest you to better upgrade to the higher performing cooling components in order to solve out the issue because I don’t think that there is any other better solution for the issue that you are facing, so just think about this possible solution and if you can try it out. Hope that helps

If you don’t want to invest more than I will suggest you to better get a “Athenatech Notebook Cooling Pad Clear” in order to control the temperature that you are getting now:

This will probably cost you around $22, I have used it previously for one of my old laptop and it was really very helpful as well, if you want then you can try out the same.

I think that I have a better solution for the same, I mean that you can just get the ARCTIC SILVER AS5-3.5G ARTIC SILVER 5 THERMAL COMPOUND 3.5 GRAM TUBE which will cost you around $10 and I think that it will be quite effective as well, It will be worth as well, I will suggest you to better type this in the google and then go through the video where you can learn how to use the ARTIC SILVER 5 THERMAL COMPOUND, Just check it out once and let me know what you think about the same.