Thread: file backup works but disk backup fails in acronis TIH build 6151.

file backup works but disk backup fails in acronis TIH build 6151.

hi, I have been trying to create a backup by using the acronis TIH build 6151. I am having the problem while making the disk back up but I can easily make backup for my files! Last backup that was created was on the 12/31/2011. The software has stopped making the backups.

Re: file backup works but disk backup fails in acronis TIH build 6151.

Go to your command prompt and type chkdsk/f, you may be having the problem reading from the disk. Use any diagnostic software that will detect any problems in your hard disk. You will need to do a full disk scan in order to detect the fault. Try doing the backup with each partition separately.

I have scanned my whole hard disk with Seagate diagnostic software. It shows nothing about any error in my system. I did the full scan to my hard disk several times. It shows the error while making the full disc backup. It says “unable to create the snapshot”.

you had your last back up at 12/31/2011 and after that it stopped working this means you have reading problem but as you say that you don’t get any error after scanning with Seagate diagnostic software then you probably don’t have any problem. Try new installer and select the “repair”. This should help you.

I would say that you have issue related to the hard disk. Seagate tools are not the one option you have. Use the Hard Disk Sentinel to scan the hard disk! Download this application, install and see what it says about your system. This application gives warning whenever your drives are about to fail.it tests, diagnoses and then repairs the hard disk.it also prompts for hard disk health degradation. it will also give you tips to maintain the stability and the safety.