Thread: LiteOn DG-16D5S comes up with New Hardware and Firmware

LiteOn DG-16D5S comes up with New Hardware and Firmware

Recently i purchased new dvd drive and in that i found that it comes up with the new hardware and firmware version. i check its label and got few information about this this drive. It runs with the A445 FW version and new MT1332E Mt Chip version presents on it. When i check its manufacturing date, its an November 2010. its really strange that the manufacturing date is one year old while the hardware and firmware contains on it is being new. How is that possible?? can you describe few things about it??

Re: LiteOn DG-16D5S comes up with New Hardware and Firmware

Yes, this drive is being specially developed for the Xbox 360 Arcade, Xbox 360 Premium, Xbox 360 Elite, gaming console devices. Its well connected with that gaming console. Original firmware of the DG-16D5S 1175 drive was dumped several months ago. Then developer do some encryption on it. and now it comes on market. Hence this drive shows one year previous manufacturing date while the hardware and firmware version is new.

Its just an policy of the manufacturer that do some changes on the old drive and launch them with hte new hardware and firmware. while i also read that the v3.0 is in progress for other LiteOn DVD drive models. Its well for us. Hence don't think that it has problematic or any thing else. Its even better to get some encrypted drive with new hardware and firmware versions.

Maybe it has a mfg date of 11/10 on the drive, but is being dropped into newer systems now. Reason is being simple. Old Hitatchi drives aren't that popular and hence after launching with the newer version of HW and FW, its well for getting better result. Hence developer don't care about the MFR date. they just launch it and also put the newer version on it.

It's my understanding that since the Hitatchi drives aren't that popular and hence developers thinks to changes some things with encryption. Then also insert new firmware and hardware versions on it. Its well for connectivity and all the remaining purpose. I believe that, latest LiteOn drive will catch necessary attention once LT 3.0 has been released. consumers are waiting for that. its really well for getting the drive with the new v3.0 version. I'm looking forward to that.