Thread: Very low random read and write with Intel X25-E SSD on Alienware M17x -R2 using Intel PM55 chipset

Very low random read and write with Intel X25-E SSD on Alienware M17x -R2 using Intel PM55 chipset

Currently I am having Alienware M17x - R1 with NVIDIA chipset. I am using SSD and it is working really fine. I tried with secure erase to disk before doing the clean installation of Windows on my computer so that SSD performance is set back to the factory. The situation did not seems to change if I have used RAID option rather than that of AHCI. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Very low random read and write with Intel X25-E SSD on Alienware M17x -R2 using Intel PM55 chipset

Looking at the matter you should perform the following thing and let me know whether it was useful to you.
    You should go for Device Manager and go for the Drive Properties and after that click on the Properties tab. Now you should check ‘Turn off windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device’.

Re: Very low random read and write with Intel X25-E SSD on Alienware M17x -R2 using Intel PM55 chipset

Well you can try with following registry tweak. You should backup the registry keys before doing anything.
    You should launch the registry editor and go for following registry key.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\intelppm
    Change Start from 3 to 4.
    after that go for
    Code:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Processor
    Change Start from 3 to 4.
    Once done you should reboot the computer and see whether there is difference into the situation.

I was suffering from the same problem which you have stated over here. I came to know that one can solve the above mentioned issue by disabling C1E. it means Enhanced CPU State 1. You will reduce the clock speed after disabling CE1. Finally you should enable EIST.

I think all the users who were having the same problem should draw attention of Intel. You can directly contact Intel technical support to get the further assistance on the above mentioned issue.