Thread: AirPrint Enabled HP LaserJet P1102w not working with iPhone & iPad

AirPrint Enabled HP LaserJet P1102w not working with iPhone & iPad

As per title suggest i want to setup connection within iPhone 4 & iPad 2 to HP LaserJet P1102w printer. I am hoping that the airprint works to make this wireless wifi network connection. Two days before i buy this printer but still now i can't able to make such reliable connection. I try a lot but it couldn't work. iOS 5 presents on there iPhone 4 and iPod 2 device. I try this connection with HP Home, Biz ePrint and HP installer CD but connection not work for long time. Need some help that works to use Airprint and make such connection. I am waiting such reply.

Re: AirPrint Enabled HP LaserJet P1102w not working with iPhone & iPad

This AirPrint application is being compatible with iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Also it compatible with mentioned HP LaserJet P1102w printer. Thus, there is not any compatibility or support problem exist here. Confirm that the AirPrint enabled printer has the latest firmware version installed. If it doesn't contain latest firmware, update printer firmware.

ALso confirm that the Wi-Fi network works well or not. If there is any problem with this wifi network, you need to fix such connectivity issue. Use printer's control panel and check error message that present on it. As per error message, try to fix it. If possible then avoid to use USB port of Apple AirPort Base Stations or Time Capsules. It makes problem with wifi network connection. It specially designed for ethernet connection. One thing also important here that after turned on Wi-Fi printers, it takes longer time to connect Wi-Fi network. So, remember this thing.

Similar kind of problem on my Iphone 4s. I used McAfee program on laptop that connected with this printer. I used router to make the connection with printer connected laptop and iPhone 4s. During this connection, i found that the connection has been broken regularly. It happens becuase of the McAffee anti-virus didn't want to allow connection between my router and printer. Then i configure my MacAfee program and set "trust it" option. It works and at the end, result comes positively. It might be helpful for you to apply such process on your network.

If you are using PrintNShare and PrintCentral type of third party application on your iPad or iPhone, then remove it. Recently apple notifies that this program versions makes problem with connection to printer. It should be removed from your iPad or iPhone for fixing the connection problem. Its helpful for you.

I have found one Cons of this printer. That is such HP LaserJet P1102w printer Smart Install doesn’t work on Macs. SO, if you are using Mac OS on laptop and want to make the connection with an iPhone or ipod device for wireless printing purpose, definitely it makes problem. You can confirm its compatibility with the Macs and then only use it for connection purpose.

I hve installed airprint in my windows 7 and it works fine with my new iphone 4s ios 5.1 but somehow the printer doesnt connect with my old version iphone ios 5.0.1 .. Th printer is detected by my phone but whn i click on it it doesnt ask for my pc user name n password.. Thus it doeant connect. Plz if anyone knws how to fix this prob il b greatful

Quote Originally Posted by Madeeha View Post
    I hve installed airprint in my windows 7 and it works fine with my new iphone 4s ios 5.1 but somehow the printer doesnt connect with my old version iphone ios 5.0.1 .. Th printer is detected by my phone but whn i click on it it doesnt ask for my pc user name n password.. Thus it doeant connect. Plz if anyone knws how to fix this prob il b greatful
    I have found people having such issues with airprint printer and ios 5 device but then i have found one to be mentioning that he has been able to solve out his issue by trying out the below solution:
    • First go in to control panel and then go in to the user account and then turn on the Guest account after that start the command prompt and then make sure that you are running the same as Administrator and then type "sc.exe delete Airprint" without the quotes for deleting the Airprint service and then reboot the mahcine.
    • oNce you are done with the same then start command prompt again and then type "sc.exe create AirPrint binPath= "D:\Program Files\AirPrint\airprint.exe -R _ipp._tcp,_universal -s" depend= "Bonjour Service" start= auto for creating the service and then type "sc.exe start Airprint" for starting the service and see if it is helping.

Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping or not, just make sure that you are mentioning the right path for your AirPrint folder.