Thread: Which is best separate sound card or using build-in sound card for Asus P5Q Pro motherboard?

Which is best separate sound card or using build-in sound card for Asus P5Q Pro motherboard?

Hi I have an Asus P5Q Pro motherboard with integrated sound board with Realtek ALC1200 speakers Logitech G51 5.1 (analog). With a dedicated card would be better "real" time to play?. I mean if I install a dedicated card would have more good sound effects in current games, which I get from the integrated?. Or just get a slight improvement in sound quality?

I Do not know much about sound cards. But I'd like to spend 100-130 euros for a marginal improvement in sound quality. Because now with integrated sound board I'm doing pretty well, and I have no problem gaming resource consumption on the cpu and drivers. Aspects that concern me a lot. And I know that some dedicated sound cards are present

Re: Which is best separate sound card or using build-in sound card for Asus P5Q Pro motherboard?

Hi guys

I was just having this thought , can anyone here help me to find out the answer to this I would be really glad as i am deciding to make my own build and I really want it to be sound efficient and I am not sure what would be the best for sound . I somebody please help me to find the answer to this I would be really appreciate this

Thanks in advance

Re: Which is best separate sound card or using build-in sound card for Asus P5Q Pro motherboard?

With an integrated sound card you will be limited . Personally, I'm not a fan integrated card. The best sound cards on the market are not integrated, However, financially speaking, they are indeed more preferable.

The sound chipset motherboards have good quality. Specifically the one you have, arrives at a sampling frequency of 192 kHz and 24 bits, which is a studio quality. The only downside would be, has no optical out the motherboard, but there are some that if it brings. In terms of its performance with a sound card pci-e, would be more performance in games, the sound quality. For those who work to free up cpu when playing multi-channel sound. But with today's processors, not too noticeable. So, conclusion. If you like the sound professional or work with this, buys a dedicated card. I used a sound card with optical output board connected to a multichannel amplifier with optical fiber, and I have not heard anything better in my life.

As I read some sound cards are dedicated hd eax 5.0 but this system seems to be dead because current games do not use it , I wonder, do these sound cards use some "surrogate" of eax to apply surround effects in games that support an integrated not?

There are two significant advantages ... and more

• 5.1 audio optical output THROUGH for games, integrated, at least mine, only give stereo for games that output. For analog outputs no problem.
    • Lower cpu usage, as the card take dedicated processors for sound.

and of course with decent speakers, it shows an improvement in quality, even some have filters to process the mp3 and "sound" better. I am hoping to buy one, but the price of it will not let me,

Well the main reason you buy a sound card for audio quality, EAX and other things should be secondary. But the speakers or headphones must be minimally good to be able to appreciate it. If you're buying a card game that is an Auzentech X-Fi chip or Asus Xonar, Creative happens unless you buy the new Titanium HD.

Respect to the main question, for where is most noticeable change is in the music to have a higher quality DAC chip that integrated. Games and movies ofcourse also listen better when you play or watch a movie you do not pay much attention to the sound when listening to music.

Both should offer a similar quality and now integrated have greatly improved . I do not see a big difference in performance between the two. And if you try both you will see which better recognize on the audio performance and all that very subjective, and the performance difference between both cards should be minimal.

As far as I know, I think you should focus more on the speakers, and I like to you tell you, because I use an external sound card and I see no difference between integrated and this. Both are a good you choose what you want, but personally I would use the internal sound chipset on the motherboard. Realtek ALC892 chipset makes 7.1 +2.

The difference is especially noticeable with the theoretical tests, however it is a very subjective as everyone has heard more or less fine, in practice there are people who claim that the improvement is not as large or barely any. If the issuer also affects the sound is decent Chinese or all at € 1, in your case, at least at first glance looks like a decent set of 5.1. Personally I've only tried a dedicated card with decent headphones and the results have been very very good. There are things we can not offer an integrated in any way.

The integrated chip is not powerful enough especially if the selected high in the game, it can cause slowdowns .sound card will remove these slowdowns related to its. Actually its facilitate the processor which is usually 5%, this is not much so don’t know if the investment for the soundcard is worth I have already done, but for better sound .