Thread: Can't make voice calls using microphone

Can't make voice calls using microphone

Hello guys ….as new to this type of technology so want to know some of the things from your side is that as making the calls from the skype using with the microphone the problem I’m getting while talking is that, receiver cannot hear the sound from my end as I’m running skype on the iMac OSX 10.5.8.

So want to know that what might be the reason for not able to make the calls through microphone.

Re: Can't make voice calls using microphone

According to me it does not matter which OS or machine you run the skype software, as the issue seems to have in the microphone. So for this I want to you to do the test call with your microphone and see that whether your microphone is responding well or not.

As doing this test will let you know about the proper functioning of the microphone. If it fails to past the test than there is some damage in the microphone.

As you are mentioning about to do the test call using the microphone, than for this I want to know that what is the test call and how to do the test call. So that it will be known whether microphone is damaged or the issue is with something else.

Test call is the function through which you will come to know whether your headphones are working fine or not. And if you want to try doing test call with your headphones than for this skype itself has got the features of testing your headphones.

So my suggestion to you is that you should try with the test call function using through the skype and check the headphones are working properly or not.

I tried testing with the headphones and what I found while testing is the message pop up showing “the call was not able to reach the contact”. So for this I would like to know is that the headphone which I’m using is damaged or should I go through another test to check the proper functioning of the headphone. Can anyone suggest me about this, so that I can come to know the exact reason behind this.

As far as the test is concern I don’t think so after testing on skype you should try to check on the headphones with other tests. And if you are still confused about the test results are sure or not then you can try doing some more test with the headphones. But according to me as you have done the test call on the skype and it shows the message contact cannot be reached than definitely your headphone id damaged and have to replace with the new one.