Thread: Airport Extreme overheating

Airport Extreme overheating

The top gets hot however the edges keep solely heat. The temperature on the highest is around a 110F. The unit works all right and that i have had no issue with it.I'm worried the high operating temperature can shorten its life. is that this traditional i actually wish to know everything is ok with Airport Extreme

Re: Airport Extreme overheating

I have an Airport Express . i take advantage to increase the range of my Airport Extreme. A previous Airport Express stopped operating and was invisible to the Airport Setup Utility. it absolutely was hot to the bit. Unplugging and re-activating had no impact. I bought a brand new Airport Express and it's begun exhibiting similar symptoms. It stops operating however the LED stays solid inexperienced it's hot to the bit. it's not visible to the Setup Utility. I unplug it, wait a couple of minutes, and plug it back in. It works fine.

The Airport Extreme has developed a habit of running its fan all of the time although it does not feel hot. it absolutely was not this fashion for the primary week or thus of use, generally it'll even over heat though its surroundings isn't crowded or in a very heat location within the space. is that this another case of an Apple product with poorly designed heat dissipation issues? ought to the fan be running all of the time? Since it's in our front room, the fan noise is somewhat distracting.

The fan within the Time Capsule is extremely quiet and is usually on. It doesn't shut down if the Time Capsule has power. The noise you're hearing is possibly the arduous drive that spins most, however not all of the time. Since you've got been adding information to the drive with backups, the drive is a lot of active. Sorry, i do not have a prepared answer for muffling the sound of the arduous drive.

apart from for unplugging throughout vacations, etc., I've had some of AirPort Express devices on 24/7 for years with no problems in the slightest degree. they are doing get moderately heat as a result of the case acts to dissipate heat. does one have the Express located where there's many free air and smart ventilation round the device? have you ever verified that the AC socket is putting out the traditional 115-120 volts?

apart from for unplugging throughout vacations, etc., I've had some of AirPort Express devices on 24/7 for years with no problems in the slightest degree. they are doing get moderately heat as a result of the case acts to dissipate heat. does one have the Express located where there's many free air and smart ventilation round the device? have you ever verified that the AC socket is putting out the traditional 115-120 volts?

Have an AEBS bought simply before new year's. it has been operating sort of a champ till yesterday. I even have a Windows XP desktop connected on to it via ethernet, and a Mac Book professional connected via wireless, and 2 arduous disks connected to it: WD and an IOMEGA. The IOMEGA has a similar kind issue, and that i had stacked it on prime of the AEBS. The AEBS updated the firmware the evening before last, and that i noticed last night that point Machine could not keep a copy from my macbook. once I launched the airport utility each on my macbook and computer it could not browse the configuration i attempted rebooting it, and still had a similar issue. I noticed that it felt very popular, thus I unplugged it and let it cool off overnight. This morning it's operating ok Has anyone else had issues like this? What do i would like to try to to to stay it from overheating is that a issue

The IOMEGA has a similar kind issue, and that i had stacked it on prime of the AEBS+ The AirPort Extreme wants the maximum amount free air as doable, and therefore the style depends on the highest cowl to assist dissipate heat. If you'll be able to avoid stacking something on prime of it, that ought to facilitate keep it running cooler. i am unable to make a case for why it'd run hot when an update. may wish to stay a watch on that.

I have a Dlink WAP that cost me little and that has run perfectly for eighteen months.

It will run hot, however I will configure it to run at half-power, that still provides me all the range i would like, however cools it down somewhat.

Is your airport plugged into an influence strip or UPS? I've heard of some issues with bound ones of those. make sure and tell me