Thread: magsafe board not working on Macbook

magsafe board not working on Macbook

Battery problem or charger MacBook I have a Macbook which is 2 years old. Tonight, I find very annoying malfunction of the power supply. When I plug the Magsafe, the green LED does not light. In fact, it lume very low and must be in total darkness to see it. The MacBook detects that power is connected and operating on AC power but it does not recharge the battery! "No charging current ..." he tells me when I click on the charging indicator in the menu bar. HELP please !

Re: magsafe board not working on Macbook

Trying to change the outlet on the wall. Try with the earth, and without the earth .. Otherwise leave it unplugged a few minutes, like 30 min. and reconnect it to see? Otherwise, you got a refreshing apple in the corner which opens early tomorrow morning for you to change it? ! Had you repaired your laptop ?

I tell you that your charger is raid. But this problem is common, it happens often when the cable is placed perpendicular to the hand relative to the connecter. often tear the plastic and / or wiring. It is supported by Apple, we finally get it done.

I have a problem since 3 days but perhaps more serious My charger has apparently or the bare wire is loose , since the LED, even MBP on my roommate does not work, and once branch the MBP does not load. - This is where it gets complicated: when I try the charger on my MB 13 "(buy it 15 months ago), the LED lights very low, and no charges. As if I plugged my MB on mains without battery in fact, when she is in it ..

1) It is no doubt, my charger is death, but what about my MB?
    2) Is it my battery? The five small LEDs on the back of it still light up, which makes me doubt his death. Coconut is found in good shape, except it does not load then.
    3) Is the connector is "in" my macbook?

Car charger for my roommate works very well on his MBP, it comes so either my battery or something else. I read on another forum that it could be the CM, but yet my MB connected to AC power works fine. I'll go to the Apple Store Boston see if they can test it with one of their batteries, but having bought in France it seems to me difficult to play the SAV. My one year warranty has expired but I'll still go to the Apple Store, anyway I do not really have a choice. They can change the charger for free if one evokes

Be negotiated with technical assistance.

Tell them that the charger is exposed at the wire it may happen ...

And in this case, takes a little bit on the wire for damage if they just repeat.

Hello everyone, I'm looking all over the forums, I can not find a problem similar to mine. While my Unibody Macbook in November 2008 was connected to the mains normally, I'm away for 30 seconds and finds I returned the charger is more light green or orange, but only a very light green color visible in the dark. I unplug, replug, turned off the machine, nothing ... always the same, and the symbol at the top right of my screen says 8:00 p.m. in cool down. I'm scared and think my charger is dead. I decided to test my charger home on the Mac from a friend. Everything seems to work. Charger seems to even work on mine but ultimately, I think it was a little energy into it as just before Mac reloaded . My battery also recharges normally on his Mac, and my computer works normally on battery power. So I think the problem is the mac-level connections. It does not recognize the charger is not charging the battery, but the connection to sector seems to bear the loss of battery that is to say that the battery level remains stable even during use .

Look at the small spikes on the transformer is that all are out? They are mounted on springs, and should come out when you pressed, and then re-emerge. Look as if taking on the computer is clean and clear, nothing is stuck in it that would prevent a good contact? Try plug it in reverse? Finally, try with another transformer, being sure it works well or not on your Mac, because there, in spite of the test your friend, if I did not understand charged charger / power your Mac properly or not. You can go to a nice APR or an Apple Store to off-peak hours of the day, asking to connect your Mac to one of their transformer demo? And vice versa your transformer on another Mac

The pins are mounted on spring and fall and come out as you indicated. The power source is clean, and even changed by the RPA where I went for 80 dollars. I plugged, unplugged in all directions nothing works on the testing I've done before, I explained again: my friend loaded his macbook exact same model when I came to see him. I tested my cable on his computer OK, green light I tested the cable on my computer OK, green light. But when I think it was not logical to have had a light green saw that was not fully charged battery. So I guess in reality the charger still contained energy as reloading his MAC 2 seconds earlier. - I retested in the moment my cable on my Mac OK, green light the same remark color . Unfortunately, 2 minutes later on another power, it no longer works RPA told me that my cable was working normally when I went to repair and diagnose I'm willing to try just taking my time and browse by going to the recognition in the AC adapter "Information Decomposition Systems." But I will certainly not get there before I leave for one month out and about without a computer, the coup. Thank anyway.

For my part, I noticed this problem:
    - Battery fully charged (green light), turn off the light on the MagSafe from time to time, especially when my Macbook Pro is off
    - In charge, I have no problem
    - On and charged, the LED is green except for some isolated cases really

So I made the following, with no impact:
    - Use of the earth on the Magsafe
    - Replacement of the Magsafe
    - Battery replacement

I have made against any manipulation by the type "reset the Power Manager", "PRAM" or other since I do not know exactly what it offers and especially how it is done ...

I have a similar problem, when the battery is charged, from time to time, the green light is not lit at the MagSafe I have yet still the icon indicating that the computer is mains . By disconnecting and reconnecting the light is turned on again.

Would you have information regarding this.

Are you certain the magnetic connector is PROPER ? make sure for tiny metal particles or something else that may be keeping it from making a good connection. For parts, test with iFixit: The free repair manual. .