Thread: need help installing INTEL WIRELESS 4965AGN 802.11N 300MBPS MINI PCI-E CARD

need help installing INTEL WIRELESS 4965AGN 802.11N 300MBPS MINI PCI-E CARD

HI, i have recently purchased this MINI PCI card for my machine but still i am not sure about how can i get it installed in my machine. first of all let me tell you as i want to install this PCI card to my Dell Inspiron 9400 i thought installing it was going to be a trouble-free, or rather i would say straight forward process but I cannot obtain the computer to recognize the new card as whenever i have connected it with the machine..any idea what could be the problem?

Re: need help installing INTEL WIRELESS 4965AGN 802.11N 300MBPS MINI PCI-E CARD

What?? You card isn’t getting detected in your machine? why exactly, have you installed it perfectly on the PCI slot? Along with that you should also make sure whether the card that you are using works perfectly with the model number you have, or else no matter whatever you do with that it will not work.

Are you sure that you have carried out proper procedure for installing the hardware? See if you are not aware as how to install the hardware then you should simply try to make use of the manual given to you, because they could have mentioned all the steps regarding the installation. In fact if you visit their official website you may get the compatibility list as well.

You should make sure whether the adapter on your card is working perfectly or not, because when I was having this problem at that time i have founded as the problem were actually because of the adapter itself.

You should make sure whether the adapter on your card is working perfectly or not, because when I was having this problem at that time i have founded as the problem were actually because of the adapter itself.
    Well this could be one of the possibilities but still there are various other factors that also cause such problem with the card and i believe to start troubleshooting from the software part itself. Thus according to me you should first make sure as after installing the hardware you have installed correct drivers as well, because if you don’t install the driver then also you’ll not be able to get the card detected. Thus first of all make sure whether you have installed correct drivers or not.

And in case you have installed drivers then make sure they are working perfectly or not, i know this could be quite difficult to make out whether they are working perfectly or not but still at this moment you can have another option as well…I mean to say you can simply reinstall them with the most recent one.

you can have another option as well to identify whether there is some problem with the hardware or not, like you can simply check whether your hardware gets detected in the BIOS or not. and if yes that means there isn’t any problem with the hardware.

Along with this you can simply try to test the card with another machines as well, to determine the hardware fault if there is any.

I think it would be better if you simply approach any good engineer for the same and let him install the hardware in your machine. because it seems you don’t have idea regarding the hardware.

See it seems like there could be some problem with the card you are having, because as you have mentioned like you have done almost everything regarding the installation but still nothing seems to be working perfectly so that simply means either the card that you are having is not compatible with the system you have or simply it is not working or i would say gone bad.

And at this concern it would be better to get it replaced with the newer one, in fact if you contact the support center you can at least figure out what is the exact problem, because the way you have mentioned all this is thing seems you are not that well knowledge about the product.

I was also thinking about the same like it could be some problem with the card itself, but still i have tried connecting it with another machines as well. and after seeing that i was quite surprise as it was working without any hitch.