Thread: How to install controller drivers for USB 2 and where do get them?

smile How to install controller drivers for USB 2 and where do get them?

I have taken a brand new Computer having Windows Xp Operating System but, the problem is that I don’t know how to install the controller drivers for the USB 2
    Can anybody please suggest me how to install it? Also it would be very thankful if someone would say me that from where do I get them? Any suggestions related to this topic would be helpful and appreciated…..

smile Re: How to install controller drivers for USB 2 and where do get them?

When you install the Operating system at that time most of the controller drivers for the USB 2 are also installed along with that. For example In Windows Xp Service Pack 1 the controller drivers for the USB 2 are installed during the Operating System gets installed. It is provided with the hardware also.
    The only thing you must keep in mind that for which hardware you need the drivers. This might solve your problem….

Re: How to install controller drivers for USB 2 and where do get them?

The First thing that you have to know is that the USB controllers contains small amount of the hardware that enables your system to work with the USB connections. For this reason the USB controllers requires the software drivers in order to perform its function properly. So, we have to check in our system that the drivers are present are not. This is how we check:-

• Right click on the My Computer and select Manage Option.
    • Click on the Device Manager (You will get a long list).
    • Double click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

If you see the USB2 Enhanced Host Controller-27CC then the drivers are present on your system. If this is not present then you have to install that drivers in order to work with the USB connections. I hope this solution will solve your problem…..

smile Re: How to install controller drivers for USB 2 and where do get them?

If you fail to find the correct controller drivers for the USB 2 then I would probably tell you to download a software which does this work. I use the Driver Robot software which auto detects the drivers for your hardware devices which you want. The Driver Robot scans for the perfect hardware engine. This software enables the right drivers to be chosen for your hardware devices by taking the image of the system specifications and then pairing it with the correct driver. I hope this helps.