Thread: Is there any fix for New Quad SSD and for Extra SSD CPU

Is there any fix for New Quad SSD and for Extra SSD CPU

I have the laptop and I have the problems with the New Quad SSD, so I have heard that there are some of the fixes for this bugs and the problems is there but I don’t know much more about that fix availability, so I just want to know whether there are the fix for New Quad SSD and for Extra SSD CPU is available. If yes then how can I get it and include solving some of the Quad SSD and SSD CPU bugs. So if you guys have any of the solution or the suggestion then please let me know.

Re: Is there any fix for New Quad SSD and for Extra SSD CPU

According to my information you can fix the ACPI bug with the prevention of the proper power management, so for that you have to make the addition of the one additional of SSD/HDD to the Quad SSD VPC-Z11. So you have to do this and also with the help of the dynamic patches this ACPI can be load with the windows driver so that at the startup of the system only this ACPI can be loaded into the system. So if you are getting the patches for use then refer the readme.rtf VERY CAREFULLY, and then follow the instruction as per the need.

As I have seen that the Patch is for the very experienced users, because it is little bit complicated. So if you don’t know about the uses and the installation of that Patch then you have to go through the readme file to know about the limitation and the uses of that Patch. However this is the dangerous process, some of the time for performing this operation the computer unbootable. So it is important to check the readme and after that make sure that you have make the system backup.

There the Patch is available that have the fix for the CPU SSD bugs, so the use of this Patch may be somewhat risky if you don’t have that much information about the use and the installation of this Patch. So it is recommended making use of the readme file, and with the complete knowledge you can make the use of these Patch. And for the additional use there in the /example directory you will get the pre-compiled driver, and this driver is only valid for the systems with the suitable configuration that are require for this Purpose. And if you don’t have that require configuration then there are the need for extract good ACPI data and re-build the driver by yourself. So if you have some of the Windows DDK and some C/C++ programming knowledge then you can try this out.

There may be the possibility that some of the time, when the system boots from the 2.5" SSD drive there are the chances for the broken of ACPI tables. So if this thing happens then these Patch will only works during the OS boots beside this built-in SSD. And also some of the time the pretty serious bugs in the Sony's BIOS is also affect those ACPI tables.