Thread: Getting choppy video or no video with Logitech C905 Webcam

Getting choppy video or no video with Logitech C905 Webcam

Hi friends I am using Logitech C905 Webcam in my computer and I have windows Xp operating system in my computer. Now when I start Logitech Vid software to do video chat at that time I get choppy video and some times I don’t get videos. I don’t know what is wrong with this but this problem is really frustrating for me. If anyone have solution for this then please help me.

Re: Getting choppy video or no video with Logitech C905 WeHi friends I am using Logitech C905 Webcam in my computer and I have windows Xp operating system in my computer. Now when I start Logitech Vid software to do video chat at that time I get chop

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your computer and I would like to tell you that if you have installed any other webcam software then you should first uninstall that software from your PC and then you have to open the Logitech Vid software again in your computer and then check what the result is.

Re: Getting choppy video or no video with Logitech C905 Webcam

Well according to me you should update the webcam driver in your computer manually from the device manager and after updating the webcam driver in your computer you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to use open the Logitech Vid software and then check whether video app appears properly or not.

If you want to manually update the drivers for your Logitech C905 Webcam in your computer then you have to first open the control panel from start menu and then you have to go to the system and then you have to select the device manger from hardware. After that you have to go to the Imaging Devices option. In that you will find your webcam device and then you have to right click on that and after that click on the update drivers and after that you have choose no this time in Hardware Update Wizard. Now you have to select "Install from a list or specific location" and after that press next button and after that select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and again click on the next. If "Show compatible devices" is not checked then you have to check it and after that you have to click on USB video device and then click on next.

After that you need to restart the computer.

If after trying above solution also if you are facing same problem then you have to open the Logitech webcam software in your computer and then you have to check whether you are able to see video properly in that application or not. if you are facing same problem then you have to click on the controls button there and then you check whether all the settings are proper or not.

You should connect your Logitech C905 Webcam with different computer and after connecting the webcam with different computer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you get the same problem after connecting the Logitech C905 Webcam with different computer then it means problem is with your Logitech C905 Webcam and you should contact the Logitech support.

I have opened the Logitech webcam software in my computer and then I have checked all the setting but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that i have also tried to solve this problem by updating the drivers manually from the device manager with no luck. Now after that I have connected my Webcam with different PC and it worked fine.

Now please tell me how to fix this problem.

After going though your issue I will suggest you to try to fix this problem by removing all the Logitech webcam related software’s from your computer and then you have to reboot the PC and after that you have to install all the software again in your computer and after doing that your problem might get solved. You should also visit the Logitech official site and then you have to check whether there are any updates available for Logitech software or not. if it is available then you should install that and then check whether your problem get solved or not. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Same problem I was experiencing with the Logitech C170webcam and then I have contact the Logitech support first they have told me to reinstall the software but that does not help me and then they have told me to update graphic drivers and then I tried that and after that my problem get solved. Now all the things are working properly in my system. You should also try this solution.

I have updated the graphic drivers in my computer and after updating the graphic drivers in my computer when I start the Logitech software at that time I was able to watch the video properly in my computer. Now all the things are working properly in my computer. Thank you for helping me.