Thread: Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

sad Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

I have purchased a brand new computer with a great deal a month ago. I have installed the Windows 7 Operating System with Service Pack 1. Everything seem to be well but, I don’t know what is the reason that my computer has started making some kind of whirring noise? It leads to a lot of distraction because of this noise. Does anybody here knows what is the problem? Sorry for the long explanation guys……Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated… Thank You in advance for the answers……

Re: Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

The problem may be due to the parts inside the machine that keeps on moving for example The fan inside the cabinet… Just check whether there is any CD inserted inside the CD-ROM. This might also be the reason for the whirring sound because the computer loads the CD when it gets started.

angry Re: Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

Thanks for your comment. Yes when i checked there was a CD in my CD-ROM. I removed and again I allowed the computer to be get restart. But again the noise is coming. I don’t know what is the exact reason for this …..
    Any specific suggestion guys???

I think the noisy fan could be the main culprit for this whirring sound in your computer. You know that there are many cables present inside your computer. Sometimes, one of the cable gets hits the fan continuously and this is the reason for the whirring noise inside the computer. I hope this helps…

sad Re: Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

I am also having the same problem guys. It is really hard to work on the computer with such kind of he whirring noise. I also opened the cabinet and checked whether any cable is clashing with my fan or not. But that was not the case. I don’t know what is the reason of this whirring sound… I want to get rid off this sound.. Can anyone please help me out of this problem???

I wonder that your fan must have been got damaged. Just try to replace the fan with a new one and check whether the sound goes or not…. Sometimes due to the damaged fan the disturbing noise comes and the only solution to this is to buy a new power supply fan.

smile Re: Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

Previously I was having the same problem. Then I understood that you should try to keep the computer in a cool condition. For example. If your computer is kept in the place which is not cool or below the room temperature then the performance of the computer gets low. This was the main reason of my computer to make the noise....
    Finally I got an AC in my room and after some time the noise was reduced and diminished. You can try this if you want……….

ohmy Re: Why is my computer making strange whirring noises?

The same is the problem here. I have this problem since 1 week. For this, I have opened the computer and checked from where the sound was coming. Then I noticed that the fan was making that whirring sound. I took a cloth and try to remove the dust over the fan. But still the sound is coming.... I don't know what is the reason for this whirring sound but i want to get this problem solved? Can anyone help?

Don’t try to clean the inner parts of your computer without prior knowledge. You will damage your computer if you do so. The best solution is that clean the fan which is inside the computer with a compressed air can. And notice that your computer is in shutdown mode and all the inner peripherals are disconnected. Even after using the air can the whirring sound persists than there is no other alternative that to buy a new power supply fan…

It might also be the reason that the Hard drive of your computer is making the whirring noise. You will be able to check this by following steps :

• Turn Off the PC.
    • Unplug the power plug which is connected to the Hard drive.
    • Restart the PC.

If the noise is not coming when you unplugged the power plug which was connected to your Hard drive then the Hard Drive is the main reason for the whirring noise. You have to replace that hard drive before it gets damaged. Good Luck