Thread: SSD eating up memory

SSD eating up memory

I am having the Crucial M4 SSD. I have recently bought this and after just 2 hours of use I found one weird thing about that. I found that this has written upto 3Gb's on it. I searched for the same on internet and tried with some of the solutions but there were no positive outcome from that. So I am posting it overe here so that I can have some essential tips from you people. Please help me with this.

Re: SSD eating up memory

Why are you monitoring that. Let it do its work as it will manage the uses accordingly. I am also using the same and have never monitored the uses of that. I am using it in the same way from last many days and that does not cause any problem for me. So just forget about the uses of that and continue to work with this, it will never create any performance issue for you.

If you want then you can make use of the ATTO Disk benchmark. "ATTO Disk benchmark" measures the read and write speed of your hard drives. "ATTO Disk Benchmark" is indeed a bit old, is still one of the most popular hard drive benchmark programs that are offered free of charge. The freeware specifically measures the read and write speeds of your hard drives. This will make sense if you used hard drives or entire computers to check for the performance. I have used this and so can tell you for sure that you will find that really helpful.

I am agree with the Gameli that this is great for such things. It allows you to make accurate adjustments to various parameters. The measured results are clearly displayed in a graph. "ATTO Disk Benchmark" is a proven hard drive Bencher, is convinced by the functionality and compatibility, and it also works with modern SSD disks.

Are you having some security software installed in your computer. If yes then you can try by disabling that for some time and then see if it does the same thing for you. I .am telling you because I have gone through some of the same conditions where the security software becomes the reason for the issue. So it really worth to give it a try.

It is not like the SSD is eating the memory. There might be a lot of software running in your system that is causing this problem for you. so check for that and end any of such software. This will solve the problem that you are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistor View Post
    It is not like the SSD is eating the memory. There might be a lot of software running in your system that is causing this problem for you. so check for that and end any of such software. This will solve the problem that you are facing.
    Yes this was because of the start up programs. I just removed all the startup programs and this solves the issues. Thank you so much all for your support.