Thread: Middle button of Logitech performance MX revolution is to sensitive

Middle button of Logitech performance MX revolution is to sensitive

I bought my performance MX 4 months back last month the USB dongle broke. I have problem with the middle button that is scroll button the button is to sensitive. When I touch the button slightly up or down it’s eventually runs up or down. This problem starts when I install new windows 7 I thought it might windows problem so I installed it again but still the problem continued. Guys please help with any solution the issue is very annoying.

Re: Middle button of Logitech performance MX revolution is to sensitive

Have same problem of mouse sensitive when I depress lightly the web page scrolls equivalent distance of one press of down arrow key. It was really annoying I hardly could make use of scroll some times. Try doing reboot many times but the issue of mouse is same. Going to replace mouse and get new one hope it may work.

Remove set point and reinstall the latest version of set point which support your system because different set points are available for windows XP and windows 7 or vista.

Right click on properties.
    If your window XP is 32 bits then the number will not displayed and if your version is 64 the it will show
    To reinstall your set point follow the steps below:
    click on start menu then click on control panel after that click on add and remove programs. then select logitech set point from listand then click on cahnge/remove button. it will be uninstalled.then Download and install the latest version of SetPoint from the Performance Mouse X Downloads Page.
    You may need to reboot your system after SetPoint has been installed. After your system restarts, open SetPoint to verify that the My Mouse tab is available.

Had same issue last month I uninstall the set point and made the middle click bearable. As this was not the right solution because it made my scroll unusable.

Hey even I had problem of middle button when I touch the point slightly it gets touch to the dead zone that is area between its resting area and the point of resistance where the click occurs. And it made me quiet hard to click link. I send my mouse to replacement and got new mouse as it was under guarantee the new mouse works fine hope it don’t create problem again

Guys, I tried checking by installing old version of windows but the problem is same. Even I reinstall set point and download new set point setting from Logitech official site but nothing worked. Please me any other solution.

You said before that user USB dongle broke. I think you must check your mouse with some other computer if it work then problem is in your system or and if mouse won’t work the problem is in your mouse and the only solution is to replace the mouse. Also try some other performance MX with your computer if it works then follow above steps of reinstall set point and rebooting computer.

I was also using same solution of uninstalling set point but after some time I was feed up because I was unable to use my scroll button so every time when I had to scroll the page I had to use left click button and drag which was irritating.
    So check the mouse properties without set point to see what I might be missing without it. I select general mouse option then I thought to check if my mouse gets works properly on installing set point again. And after installing set point when I check setting I disable smooth scrolling and it worked my mouse scroll was working fine.

Thanks for suggestion after doing smooth scrolling disable my mouse is working again. Else I had to go to service centre for replacement of my performance MX.