Thread: Best Cherry MX switch mechanical keyboard

Best Cherry MX switch mechanical keyboard

I have decided to change onto Mechanical Keyboard. I have come to know about the MX switches Keyboard in the Market. I don’t have much information about them. All I know is these keys can do both typing and gaming work well. My friend suggested to me to go with MX Red because it is linear in comparison to other devices. But I like the Black one. However I am going to use this Keyboard for both Gaming and Typing purpose.
    So I would like to know which Cherry MX switch I should change to? Let me know about MX switches mechanical keyboard?

Re: Best Cherry MX switch mechanical keyboard

The new generation keyboards that are now coming into the Market are now coming with Mechanical switch in them. The Standard keyboard used today is not built for the for High end Gaming users. Therefore the Manufacturers have come up with the idea of Mechanical keyboard which can be use as normal keyboard and for entertainment purposes. In this the Cherry, Manufactures and Design the key switches of the Keyboard and sell it to the keyboard manufactures. And all the leading Keyboard manufactures in which the Filco who is in making the Majestouch uses the Cherry MX made switches.
    The Cherry has four switches all has distinctive features: Cherry MX Blue, Cherry MX Red, Cherry MX Black, and Cherry MX Brown.
    Cherry MX Blue has 2 features which will make you go for it:
    • There is an audible click sound and
    • The keys are much faster than the keys of standard keyboard.

You can go with Cherry MX blue for your typing and gaming need.

I have purchased the Black one. This is awesome for the Gaming purpose. The MMO, FPS and RTS beginners Gamers will surely like this because the keys don’t react to light touch. The keys have to be pressed hardly as most the Gamers like when playing. That means the accidental press can be avoided in MX Black. It will not be good for the typist purist.

I think you should go with the Cherry MX Red because the switch of this key is lighter than the MX Blue and Black. The keys respond fast. Some Gamers prefer the light weight key while playing and the typist who works with the soft hands on keyboards and go for the MX Red.

You can also go for the Cherry MX Brown as most of the Users choose the Brown as Best. The feedback of the Keys in Brown is good as compared with Black and Blue. The weight of the switch is light than the Red one. This makes the Brown best with the FPS and RTS gamers and also good for typing.

The type of Mechanical keyboard with Cherry switches in them totally depends upon the type of the Game that you want to play. If its Action games in which you have to change weapons often than Go for the Blue one, if Mission game than go for the Red.

The Click sound in the MX Blue is what I do not like in it. It clearly makes out to my mom that I am playing Game.

The MX brown is good one. I have the Cherry MX Brown and find it quite easy to use it. Brown will best for you. Choose what you prefer the most.