Thread: Dell XPS 17 L702x laptop CPU running Slow

Dell XPS 17 L702x laptop CPU running Slow

I have notice this yesterday when I run the CPU-Z that my laptop speed is running really very slows. I can’t make out what the reason would be . I mean I have Intel i 7 , sandy bridge an did is giving only 800 MHz speed which is way too less as compare the class that other i7 processor is . I am not that experience so that I can do something on the BIOS and when I checked Task Manager that all CPUs goes to 100% load . can any on ehere suggest me what can I do I really don’t want to use this slow . is this mean my CPU is defective. I will be really appreciating this thanks

Re: Dell XPS 17 L702x laptop CPU running Slow

Have you try set the CPU over load ?what I recommend you is run prime95 previous to inspect the speed ? and then see what's the cpu speed that you simply will see on the CPU-Z . let me know what you've got get

How are you checking the processor speed?

How are you enabling and disabling SpeedStep? usually, unless you've got a BIOS choice to explicitly disable it, it cannot be disabled, otherwise you will sign on
    1. control panel
    2. power choices
    3. plan settings
    4. advanced power settings
    5. processor power management
    6. maximum processor state ought to be 100%

see if this can be 100%

I did what you've got advised and prime 95 running to confirm it's underneath load, i'm using Everest home edition to examine the live processor speed, and there's a BIOS choice to enable/disable it. i am undecided that it's a heat issue because the fan looks to cycle normally and therefore the laptop feels no hotter than it always will.

I have already had this drawback a some month back and what I discovered was i believe is the similar drawback. my power supply isn't rated for the complete quantity of power my laptop desires. Everest is showing my proc at .98 watts rather than the one.3 it's purported to use. Thanks for all the replies, however i believe you simply would like a replacement power offer.

the Dell is not supposed to boot with the incorrect power offer, or even that is simply the older version? however i am undecided that what Everest is telling you essentially suggests that you wish a beefier PSU. excluding i believe for that exact Latitude or Inspiron series it's purported to be ninety watts. The previous generation used 75, I think. i am guessing. i do not know obviously. Not aiming to look it up either

I had identical drawback and mine got solved once I modified my operating system type the windows seven to windows XP . undecided what the issue or the matter was however apparently this solve my problem could also be this can solve

You are Totally wrong and this won't going to solve by changing the Operating system appearance as if There was in all probability a low-power setting within the BIOS for when activity is low. You did not have to vary your OS!!

I turned everything on most at the bios, set everything to most performance underneath windows 7 power management and however it still run slower compared to windows xp.

It seems like you may have a tangle together with your motherboard or CPU, which might cause your pc to overheat or not boot properly.The best suggestion that I will provide is devour the phone and decision the technician. Don’t future harm your laptop