Thread: DPI getting changed automatically on Logitech MX518

DPI getting changed automatically on Logitech MX518

Well I had great gaming with the Logitech MX518 gaming mouse. The cursor freezing for second when I am using it and also DPI is getting changed automatically at the lowest possible settings. Mentioned if you know any possible solution to troubleshoot the problem. Thanks a lot.

Re: DPI getting changed automatically on Logitech MX518

I recommend very basic thing to try. You should plug the mouse with the other computer and see how it is working? Also get another MX518 mouse from your friend and connect with your system. this will give you a short idea regarding the root cause whether it is mouse or computer itself.

I wanted to tell you that you should play with SetPoint Implementation under of the Speed and Acceleration and let me know about the results.
    There are people who are saying that one should remove the SetPoint from the computer only. Also you should cleaned the registry by using registry cleaner so that you have removed the all the traces of SetPoint from the system.
    If mouse was working appropriately with the previous version of SetPoint then you can install the same and tell me whether the thing is working or not.

After putting lots of efforts I got the root cause of the issue. I found that the cable which is coming from the mouse was become lose not from the USB end. Also i used to get Windows hardware "connect/disconnect" sound when I was using the mouse. So there no other solution except replacement of the device. Another thing you should know that they have stopped the manufacturing of MX518 so if I am not wrong I will get G400. I hope it will be as great as of MX518.