Thread: Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player's remote not working

Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player's remote not working

HI, I have gotten my Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player before some days but i have noticed as it won’t let me change channels and somehow it has frozen out my LG TV remote as well, thus because of that i cant change channel as well to watch any other channels. Please let me know how do i sort it out?

Re: Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player's remote not working

It seems like this is not the problem with the remote that you have gotten with the player rather i think there is some problem with the player’s firmware itself. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the firmware once in the player and then see whether this is happening or not.

Before reinstalling the firmware you can have another solution as well, such as you can simply try to make all the settings to their default and then see if that couldn’t help you any way then you can carry on with the reinstallation.

Though I have the same opinion as the above user but still if suppose you have doubts on the remote itself then you can simply test the same thing with another remoter as well. you should try to make use of another remote with the player and if you got the same problem then surely there is some problem with the TV either off course the remote that you are having must have gone bad ! that you need to either changed or replaced.

Though I have the same opinion as the above user but still if suppose you have doubts on the remote itself then you can simply test the same thing with another remoter as well. you should try to make use of another remote with the player and if you got the same problem then surely there is some problem with the TV either off course the remote that you are having must have gone bad ! that you need to either changed or replaced.
    I was also thinking about the same like it would be better to get it replaced, because i don’t think there will be any possibility of getting it repaired. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

Though i am completely agree with you guys but still there is one more possibility over here, i mean to say if suppose you are seeing any video content from the internet and there is some problem with that content itself or if suppose your internet connection is enough sufficient to load the content then also the page it displays got hanged and no matter whether the remote works or not at that time you’ll not be able to get anything to be worked. But still testing the remote will be also one of the good idea.

You can simply contact the service center so that you can have idea about the replacement of the product. in fact all this information will be available to their official website as well as to the user manual given to you. thus before contacting them it would be better if you go through the manual first for further assistance.