Thread: Wanted to replace Logitech MX500

Wanted to replace Logitech MX500

I used to play video games on my computer by using Logitech MX500. The mouse of mine of sudden stopped working while playing one of the video games installed on the system. wheels in the game did not seems to scrolling at all. Hence I am looking to get the new one for me. According to me Logitech MX518 same as that of MX500. But I doubt about the sensitivity of the above mentioned mouse. I have searched on the internet for the mouse which are having the 2 buttons at side and 2 buttons which are needed for the wheel.

mayur Guest

Re: Wanted to replace Logitech MX500

As far as I know you will be able to change those keys but still wondering that DPI into the setpoint. Also it will not help you out to change the sensitivity but keys are assigned for the other keys. The only way to make the thing working for you is to set the sensitivity to 1.

I was looking for the mouse which can have the same sensitivity as that of Logitech MX500. I never installed the SetPoint and I liked to work with the default settings. Recently I have purchased the G500 and I have found that it is having the MX500. Well I have also messed with the set point setting and it is quite impossible to deal with the same.
    This particular mouse is having correct weight, simplicity and affordable. You can play the game accurate and reliable mouse. So I can understand why are you so upset regarding the mouse.

I think I will go for MX518 since it is quite similar to MX500. But I am wondering that it is quite expensive to purchase such mouse particularly for the such old design. I have used the MX Revolution. This particular mouse was getting the receiver quite close to mouse of yours. I was bit frustrated delay happening while playing video games until I purchased Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard which was having powerful USB Hub which I connected with the mouse and after that the thing is started to work fine.

Enough with the Logitech MX500 now I am going to try with the Microsoft Mouse. I annoyed gaming with MX500.