Thread: Why lwsdebugout.txt file is growing when Logitech C510 HD Webcam unplugged?

Why lwsdebugout.txt file is growing when Logitech C510 HD Webcam unplugged?

From past couple of days I am having Logitech HD Webcam C510. I have updated the system with the latest version of drivers from the official site. In yesterday night I noticed lwsdebugout.txt file located into temp folder seems to growing with the error message whenever camera is unplugged.
    I am posting below the error message from that particular file.
    CDeviceInfoMap::GetPnPId() - failed m_DeviceInfoMap.Lookup - device ID: : 0
    .\DeviceInfoMap.cpp
    Line: 406
    It will be really helpful if you can help me out… Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Why lwsdebugout.txt file is growing when Logitech C510 HD Webcam unplugged?

Well looking at the situation I recommend that you should prevent launching of Logitech Webcam software when your computer is starting. You can use the following steps.
    1. Enter msconfig in to Run from the Start menu.
    2. You will see System Configuration Utility.
    3. After that click on the Startup tab and search for ‘Logitech Webcam Software’. It is listed as ‘LWS’ in the window.
    4. You have to uncheck the LWS checkbox and click on Apply and Ok button.
    5. Now click on Restart.
    6. By using above mentioned steps you will stop launching of LWS at startup however you can start it manually whenever needed.

Hey thanks a lot for the useful solution. The solution which you have suggested in the previous post is not truly useful at all. Well LWS did not launched at the time of Windows startup thus lwsdebugout.txt is not written at that time as well.
    Already tried with the terminating the Launcher_Main.exe manually not affecting the situation. Now I wondering there is a flaw with LWS software itself.

The same problem is happening to me also. Could not figure out why lwsdebugout.txt is growing by itself. Many people are saying there is a bug in LWS and it needed to be fix. I have decided to talk with developer if there is a bug issue address the same as early as possible. I cannot tolerate anymore.

By the time I noticed this on my Win7 laptop the file was over 3.5Gb!
    All I have done now is right-click the file and change it to Read Only - this has definitely sopped the malignant growth, but of course elsewhere the program may be throwing up internal exceptions and consuming more clock cycles,. I will look into that, but for now the file has definitely stopped growing.

Quote Originally Posted by twdlewis View Post
    By the time I noticed this on my Win7 laptop the file was over 3.5Gb!
    All I have done now is right-click the file and change it to Read Only - this has definitely sopped the malignant growth, but of course elsewhere the program may be throwing up internal exceptions and consuming more clock cycles,. I will look into that, but for now the file has definitely stopped growing.
    You can also use the below script to kill the LWS process and then delete the existing LWSDebugOut.txt and create a new file and then make it read only. Just create a file with logitech.bat and then enter the below text in it and double click on it:

Code:
    @echo off
    :: Go to Users Temp directory
    C:
    CD %TEMP%
    :: Kill LWS.EXE process
    taskkill /F /IM LWS.EXE
    attrib -R  LWSDebugOut.txt
    ::Create a dummy LWSDebugOut.txt file
    del /q LWSDebugOut.txt
    echo garbage> LWSDebugOut.txt
    :: Make it Read Only