Thread: screen shows only part of the picture when I try to play blu-ray disc with Sony BD-S480.

screen shows only part of the picture when I try to play blu-ray disc with Sony BD-S480.

I am using Sony BDP –S480 from two months. But now when I try to play blue-ray disc in my BDP-S480 player screen shows only middle part of the picture in centre of the screen. I am unable to get full screen and main menu option. please help me to solve this problem.

Re: screen shows only part of the picture when I try to play blu-ray disc with Sony BD-S480.

Hi
    To get full screen back do the following steps:Go to set up in BDP-S480 blue-ray player menu.Click screen settings, Scroll down ti screen size,Click that option and change to your tv screen size, also check tv type is at 16:9, others include screen format-original, DVD aspect ratio-letterbox.

Re: screen shows only part of the picture when I try to play blu-ray disc with Sony BD-S480.

Still my problem not solved, when the blu-ray disc is loaded I will get a full screen picture for just 1-2 seconds and then I get main menu screen in centre of the screen. But I am still unable to get full screen view. When I inserted new blue-ray dics to my BDP-S480 the problem stated of the screen size. But this disc inserted in ps3 and a samsung blu-ray there is no problem with the screen size.

Gone through into screen settings and setup as follows
    • 3D output setting - auto
    • TV screen size setting for 3D - 46"/117cm
    • Screen format – original
    • DVD aspect ratio - letter box
    • Cinema conversion mode - auto
    • Output video format - TV connection method: hdmi
    • Output video resolution: original resolution
    • BD/DVD-ROM 1080/24p output - auto
    • YCbCr/RGB(hdmi) - auto
    • hdmi deep color output - auto
    • Pause mode - auto

If you are getting this problem then try a factory reset setting if problem remains, then contact to sony service center they will definitely solve your problem.