Thread: Want firmware update for the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive

Want firmware update for the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive

Actually I’m using the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive for storing the files and data for my daily use. But as new to this and want to know whether the firmware update tools is available for the hard drive or not. So for this do anyone have the idea about this so that I can update the firmware of the hitachi hard drive.

Re: Want firmware update for the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive

Even… I would like to know from where can I download the firmware update tools for the hitachi hard drive and even I would like to know the perfect description for the hitachi hard drive as how to install the updated firmware in to the hardrive. So anyone from here knows the steps to install it into the hard drive so that it could be easy for me to follow.

I have tried installing it in to my Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive and was downloaded successfully. And I think if you guys have not downloaded it then you should try downloading it as it works on the DOS and updating would let you with various features like speed of the SATA, APM and many more. So if you all want to download the software for the hard drive then you can get it by clicking here. I hope that it can help you to update your firmware by downloading from here.

I have tried installing it in to my Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive and was downloaded successfully. And I think if you guys have not downloaded it then you should try downloading it as it works on the DOS and updating would let you with various features like speed of the SATA, APM and many more. So if you all want to download the software for the hard drive then you can get it by clicking here. I hope that it can help you to update your firmware by downloading from here.
    First thing I would say that firmware update is allowed in the Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB 7K2000 for model no. 0F10311. And if you all are looking for the any of hitachi model for the firmware update than for this you should contact the hitachi care for the further info. And regarding the updating the firmware of hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2TB 7K2000 follow the steps down here :-

• Download the firmware from given link up here
    • Now after downloading run the JKDL_SP.EXE in the DOS.
    • For this you have to connect to the SATA port of the motherboard and also check SATA is set to the "IDE/LEGACY" and not with the AHCI.
    • After finishing with the procedure type “BDX” firmware and then reboot it after doing this.

One thing you should make note is that you should first upgrade with the 20N or 28A to 3EA. And always verify firmware for doing that run JKDL_SP.EXE tool.

I tried with the following steps initially it was giving me error while doing the updates but after trying second time I was able to get the updates of the firmware and got installed in the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 Hard Drive.