Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-12-2011

Audio leaking from MIC on my headphone

Hi, I am having problem with the headphone that I am using, because whenever I connect on Skype and the thing is like connected with a call to listen but whatever I speak anything I am not able to make any sense. In other words whatever I speak the receiver is not able to listen me anyways. Please let me know what could be the problem? Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.
Old 25-12-2011

Re: Audio leaking from MIC on my headphone

have you installed any external audio card in the machine or what? Because it seems like there could be some problem because of that card itself and not with any other thing. Thus first of all let me know whether you have installed any card or not so that i could assist you further.
Old 25-12-2011

Quote:
have you installed any external audio card in the machine or what? Because it seems like there could be some problem because of that card itself and not with any other thing. Thus first of all let me know whether you have installed any card or not so that i could assist you further.
Does the audio card make any difference? Because if so then I have installed that as well in my machine, please let me know how can i get it resolved however I am just fed of this thing.
Old 25-12-2011

Are you sure that you have configured all the setting perfectly? Because once I was getting the problem because of the windows 7 operating system as well. See in my case it was like I can hear everything on my headphone when i was using windows XP but with the 7 I am not able to hear anything through the front panel. I have tried my best but couldn?t find any solution what could be the problem. But it was actually the setting that we need to make in the intel?s drivers that we used to install. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should make out whether you have configured all the things perfectly or not.
Old 25-12-2011

Yeah off course those cards could surely make difference no matter whether we are talking about the headphone or the speaker. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should first try to make sure whether you have installed perfect drivers in your machine for that audio card. because i think that could be the only problem, and after reinstalling those drivers your problem will be resolved for sure.

But while installing the drivers you should also make sure whether they are the most recent one or not, otherwise it would be worthless to get the older drive installed once again.
Old 25-12-2011

I don?t know whether you have gotten the solution or not but anyways see i have mentioned some sort of resolution that was helpful to me.
  • double-check all your sound options.

• Xonar Audio Center >> Windows sound settings >> individual program settings.

• Make sure there is no "stereo mix" or similar option enabled.

• Minimize and mute any sound sliders you are not using.
Old 28-12-2011

Though i was also having the same opinion but still If none of that works, I would advise downloading and installing "Driver Sweeper".

Manually uninstall your ASUS sound drivers and If you have installed any Realtek sound drivers on your system, uninstall them as well and along with that you should make sure onboard sound is disabled in BIOS also.

Now you need to reboot the machine and run Driver Sweeper, verify all options that pertain to sound (Creative, ASUS, Realtek) and let the program scan, eliminate any entries that show up. Doing this will make sure there are no available driver "odds and ends" that can cause conflicts, produce sound anomalies.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,