Thread: Unable to view CD-ROM/ DVD Drive in computer

Unable to view CD-ROM/ DVD Drive in computer

Hello!!
    Well my computer was working very slowly. So I formatted my computer then I Installed the Windows XP. After all the necessary updating I recognized that I am Unable to view CD-ROM/ DVD Drive in My Computer. I even tried to Insert Disc so that may be it appears, but nothing worked for me. Looking forward for your kind support.

Re: Unable to view CD-ROM/ DVD Drive in computer

There are lots of other Users facing the same problem. So the common solution for this is first of all RESTART your Computer >go to the Start>control panel>device manager>under DVD/cd drives open + look for the Yellow caution triangle>right click on it and delete it and close then close the Window. Now go to Start>Run> in that type “regedit” and press Ok. After that go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE open, control open and class open look for the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE and click on it. On the Top-Right corner see for the “Lower Filters” move the mouse pointer to the Top-left on the Edit tab>Right click and delete . Do the same with the “Upper Filters”. Restart the computer without touching any of the Keyboard buttons. This would surely solve your Query.

Re: Unable to view CD-ROM/ DVD Drive in computer

After formatting your Computer many of you must be facing the same problem. That is not getting up with the CD-ROM/ DVD Drive in My computer. Just follow up the instruction Restart your computer>
    Go to Start>

Control panel>

Device manager>

Under DVD/cd open+>

Look for the yellow caution triangle>

Delete it with a right click>

Close the Window>

Now go to Start >

Run command>

Enter “regedit” press ok

After that go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE open, control open and class open look for the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE and click on it.

On the Top right u will find “Upper filters” go to the Top Left u will see the Edit button.

Right click on it and delete it.

Do the same with the “Lower Filters” and Restart the computer. Hope it deals with your Query.