Thread: Microphone not working on ASUS Xonar Essence STX

Microphone not working on ASUS Xonar Essence STX

I used ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card on my laptop system it works well with the existing lapotp. it noting gives problem with laptop except that the microphone. When i try to connect the microphone with this sound card i found that it won't able to connect. I need proper solutions that works to fix this complex issue. Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestions to fix this problem.

Re: Microphone not working on ASUS Xonar Essence STX

In this situations you need to simply perform sound driver update task on it. Use either online help or can be use the external media storage device to perform this driver update task. In this situations, you need to perform the sound driver update process on your sound card. Do this with the help of ASUS official site. If you are using windows 7, device manager works to provide you the sound driver update option. Hence try this and check its result. It helpful for you.

If it not work, then simply try to perform the reinsertion of the sound card on your laptop. Use the step by step process to perform this procedure. In that case, open the laptop case. Then check the proper instructions in user guide manual to perform this reinsertion of the sound card process. This is well for you to perform your microphone not working problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaGeek View Post
    If it not work, then simply try to perform the reinsertion of the sound card on your laptop. Use the step by step process to perform this procedure. In that case, open the laptop case. Then check the proper instructions in user guide manual to perform this reinsertion of the sound card process. This is well for you to perform your microphone not working problem.
    YOu can also try to check all your settings or try a different microphone. If possible then first definitely use the other microphone is being able to connect with the sound card or not. If it makes problem, then definitely problem is in the sound card. Otherwise you found that microphone your previously selected is being not able to connect with this sound card.

In second case, you need to simply replace the microphone you choose for this connections. ASUS official site provides you several suitable microphone informations. You need to use one of that useful microphone. Then buy and connect it to your sound card. I'm sure this will work to fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadou View Post
    In second case, you need to simply replace the microphone you choose for this connections. ASUS official site provides you several suitable microphone informations. You need to use one of that useful microphone. Then buy and connect it to your sound card. I'm sure this will work to fix your problem.
    If the problems is being related to the pre-amped volume and standard volume and not the detection, then it can be easily solved using the sound driver update process. IN that process, you need to simply use the online help for such standard sound level fixing task. Use it and check its detail. This is well for you to perform the suitable sound driver update task.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabert View Post
    If the problems is being related to the pre-amped volume and standard volume and not the detection, then it can be easily solved using the sound driver update process. IN that process, you need to simply use the online help for such standard sound level fixing task. Use it and check its detail. This is well for you to perform the suitable sound driver update task.
    If problem is being related to the port that you used for this microphone connections, then definately you need to replace this port. It works to fix your detection problem. try this using the proper way. official site expert helps to you for chaging this sound card port. if it not possible, submit your sound card to the service center. I am sure that the service center expert chaneg this sound card port. DO this and solve your trouble.