Thread: Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse does not work after sleep/wake but stays connected

Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse does not work after sleep/wake but stays connected

I have recently bought a imac and I have got a Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse with the same but then the problem that I am facing is that the mouse do not work after every sleep / wake but then I have found that it still stay connected in the Bluetooth drop-down menu but then it do not works, I mean no moves no scroll and all, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse does not work after sleep/wake but stays connected

I have recently bought a imac and I have got a Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse with the same but then the problem that I am facing is that the mouse do not work after every sleep / wake but then I have found that it still stay connected in the Bluetooth drop-down menu but then it do not works, I mean no moves no scroll and all, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have been facing the same and it happens quite often but the I don’t know if there is a solution for the same but then I have solved it out by manually disconnecting it and then reconnecting it again and after that it was working fine and the problem was solved for that moment. I do the same whenever I face the problem and it is solved. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it helps you or not. I think that it should help you out as well.

Re: Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse does not work after sleep/wake but stays connected

Yes I have been doing the same in the starting but then I thought that there was something wrong with the mouse so I got it replaced from the apples store as I was in under the warranty period and it was working fine from 2 weeks but then I don’t how come the problem has arisen again. I just wanted to know if there is any kind of workaround that I can try out in order to solve this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am having the same problem and I have been facing it from a month and it started suddenly, I have not yet bought a replacement for the same so I do not know what’s the actual cause of it? I have also tried to go in to the system preferences>Bluetooth> and then in the advanced setting I have check marked the"allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" as well but then I do not if it is making any difference, The only thing that is helping me out is disconnecting and reconnecting it again.

I think that this is a very common issue and this problem is with this series of mouse only, I mean that I have been using the same from 3 months and I was never having the same problem before but then it started this week, I tried to perform all the possible settings that I could have changed but then I don’t think that any of them is actually helping me out. Even I am following the disconnecting and reconnecting problem. I also wanted to share that I have also tried using three different Magic Mouse’s and I have found the same response for them as well, After the sleep mode the cursor gets stuck and the mouse stops responding but then I am still able to see it in the Bluetooth drop-down menu. If anyone finds a workaround for the same then please share it here.

I think that I have found a workaround for it but then I don’t think that it is actually a solution but then a temporary solution. What all you have to do when the mouse do not react is double clicking on the magic mouse, actually when you do so the mouse gets reconnected automatically so you don’t have to disconnect it and reconnect it all the time. I was not aware of the same before but then I just found it on my own , if you all want then just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you as well.

Hey guys I was having the same problem but then I have just updated the following apple software:
    • Safari to 5.1.1
    • iPhoto to 9.2
    • iTunes to 10.5
    • Security Update to 2011-006 1.0

After this I have found that I am not facing the same problem again, I have crossed checked it out by forcing my imac to go in to the sleep mode and then waking it up again, I was really surprised to see that the mouse had started working perfectly. I am not very sure if it will work in your case but then I think that you all should give it a try at least. Best of luck.

I have not tried the above method but then I have tried out the double click method and it is working fine, I am happy that at least now I do not have to disconnect it and reconnect it again and again whenever I face the same problem and just double clicking is doing the job, Thanks for that.

Yes it worked for me as well, even I think that it is a better idea, I will be doing the same till I get a perfect solution for the same. I am really thankful to you for this. I really appreciate it.