Thread: is it possible to clean the Logitech Harmony one remote after a spill

is it possible to clean the Logitech Harmony one remote after a spill

As I’m using the Logitech Harmony one remote for my home devices. But yesterday what happened is that the remote was on the dining table and mistakenly orange juice fell on the remote and what I have noticed is that the remote is working fine and is good condition the only thing which is not working is some buttons where the juice was spilt on it. The button are working fine but not as smooth as it use to earlier. So I would like to know how I can set back those buttons to the normal as working earlier.

Re: is it possible to clean the Logitech Harmony one remote after a spill

As far as the buttons are working then why you want to fix it. Use the remote with the buttons as it as or fixing the buttons on the remote might lead you to another damage in the remote. So it is better you don’t try to fix the buttons.

According to me you should not try doing this as it would destroy some other parts of the remote which will leave the remote totally damaged if you want to clean the remote then try removing your battery from the remote and try to clean deeply keeping in mind you don’t touch anything which night damage you remote circuit or internal functions. While cleaning the remote always use the dry cloth and if want have little cleansing solvent or the water on to the cloth. After cleaning the remote buttons keep the remote under the fan or dry it using with the blower.

I had the same thing I spilt the coffee on to the remote and after which the remote got sticky, I just neglected the buttons as it was working but after few months the buttons where the coffee was spilt stopped responding. So for this I had to contact the Logitech support care and got it cleaned from them and after which was working fine. So when asked for the reason of the buttons stopped working they told me that it was due to the sticky substance which blocked the carbon that connects to the board.

So if you are facing similar type of issue it better you should try to contact the Logitech support care and have clean the remote from them.

I want to know do the Logitech guys clean the remote if it has got any spill. As you are saying that they clean the remote if got any spill on it.

They do provide the support for this type of issue as if neglected can cause damage to the remote,. So for this type of issue they provided you with cleaning of remote. But for this you have to pay some of the bucks. As this mistake has been done by you and for this charges are levied until and unless you are in warranty and sometime if the issue is major they do take the charges in spite of warranty.