Thread: Everyday On/Off affects in Computer performance

Everyday On/Off affects in Computer performance

This is a bit odd and old type question which I am asking but it does surely matter on the system performance. Old systems use to have a message on screen which says that now it is safe to turn off your system. At that time it was recommended to turn off the computer regularly so that the computer life is not degraded. But today the scenario is different. We can use systems 24x7 and that surely degrades the computer life. But we had a another risk here which is overclocking. So if I overclock the same and raise the vcore and turn on/off my system a number of time, will that affect the cpu. Usually the cpu boots on default clock. But by some tools you can set the profile for that and after boot, the cpu boost works. I am sure this is surely a issue which be a matter of discussion.

Re: Everyday On/Off affects in Computer performance

That is not a matter of turning on and off computer. What issues matters here is that overclocking stability. The motherboard itself is very much protected with all those stuff. In my view you must overclock only and when required.

That is right. It is better to overclock the system only when required. I had noticed in my friend pc. He own a AMD Phenom CPU + Asus board which is specially built for overclocking. The board comes with a utility called Turbo boost which is first necessary to enable physically from the motherboard and then from BIOS. But this thing works continuously in the background. Even if a screen saver is running. Whenever the system is turned on/off the overclocking takes place and this surely going to eat up the cpu life. This looks some kind of business strategy. I prefer to go for overclocking when I play games. Till yet the future of overclocking processors are not secure.

I do not turn off my system. It work entire day and night. This is surely a bad point because it affects the hardware a lot. It is acutally better than overclocking.