Thread: Ebay failed on mouse purchase for iMac

Ebay failed on mouse purchase for iMac

I just found a good mouse on ebay which I ordered. There was not specification mentioned on the sellers side. It looks cool. When I received the mouse it was a PS2 mouse. I thought it was a usb. It is a sellers mistake and when I try to contact he is not responding. I have a iMac system which does not has a PS2 connectivity. This purchase looks a failure for me. Ebay should ban this unreliable sellers. What should I do know. My money is almost wasted here.

Re: Ebay failed on mouse purchase for iMac

That is right. It is the mistake of seller who had not provided a proper profile of its product. Give a negative feedback on ebay and launch complain in mail. Anyhow you had spending money on the mouse. You can spend a little more and buy a PS2 to USB adapter for the system. iMac has some number of usb ports and it works well the adapter. This adapters are commonly found on Amazon. Like Adesso PS/2 to USB Adapter. It has two PS2 adapters. I had found it worked well with iMac. You must stay a big alert while buying stuff from online shopping site. Because many sellers do not provide appropriate specification.

It doesn't matter what the mouse interface is. As said above just get a adapter and use the mouse. It works well. It is correct that PS2 adapter is outdated today and mostly there are usb in common.

You had not mentioned what brand you bought. Because that might also effect the warranty. Anyhow must ask for a replacement. Mail the seller to give you a replacement for the same. He might task you for the shipping charges. Or else if you do not want to go in much conversation you can go for iMac USB Adapter by Rackmount. They provide a simple usb to ps2 adapter. There is not other way by which you can use the mouse. You must have check before buying the same. Having a dual connection allows you to use two ps2 device simultaneously with each other.

I am not sure whether ebay offers you a money back stuff or not. But I had heard that ebay keeps the money for 7 days with itself and when a user complains about the product they refund the amount. Try something that.

Not this does not work in that way. Ebay does not pay the seller till the time the product is delivered. Once the product is delivered properly then the sellers gets the money. On some point it is also a buyers fault who must properly inquire before going for a purchase. You can also contact the seller before buying it out. There are ample of product online and they are bought sold everyday. Somehow the sellers criteria to expose his product mostly. But on the sellers end it is your job to find out full information on the product and purchase it after that only.

Best thing go for a adapter. There is no use of debate on the same. You got the product you are the owner now. Buy a cheap adapter use it and then replace it after sometime if you really do not like it.