Thread: How can I install the drivers for Canon PIXMA MX870 on i368 and 64bit ubuntu

How can I install the drivers for Canon PIXMA MX870 on i368 and 64bit ubuntu

As I’m using the Canon PIXMA MX870 printer for the office use but am facing the problem is that the printer is not compatible with the ubuntu OS. As in office most of the PC works on the linux OS, so for this I would like to know how can I install the drivers of Canon PIXMA MX870 printer in my PC which runs on the ubuntu OS.

Re: How can I install the drivers for Canon PIXMA MX870 on i368 and 64bit ubuntu

Even .. I would like to know as I’m using the same printer and same OS, so it would really be helpful for me if anyone from here try to help me out with this.

Re: How can I install the drivers for Canon PIXMA MX870 on i368 and 64bit ubuntu

For this I would suggest you that you should try downloading the drivers from the canon website which will be compatible with the linux OS. So for this you should try getting the drivers from the canon website of the linux version and then install it onto your PC. After which you will able to take the printouts.

I tried doing with this and what I have found is that I’m not able to get the drivers for the Canon PIXMA MX870 printer. I searched even on the Google but am not getting the appropriate drivers for the ubuntu. So do anyone know about this as I’m not getting about this.

From here you can download the drivers for the linux OS as you were looking for. But this is for the asia region, as you have not mention about which region you are looking for. so I’m assuming you want for the asia region and providing according it.

As I have downloaded the drivers for the Canon PIXMA MX870 printer but when I tried to install the drivers on the ubuntu OS it is not able to install it on the PC. So is the drivers downloaded is not appropriate or is there any other way of installing which I’m not knowing about it.

So if anyone having appropriate knowledge about installing the drivers in the ubuntu OS then please share the same with me.

According to me the drivers which you are trying to install is proper one. But after installing the drivers there are some of the steps you have to follow to run the printer properly. So for this click over to get the steps and just follow according to this