Thread: Is it possible to set custom volume level for each activity in Logitech Harmony One

Is it possible to set custom volume level for each activity in Logitech Harmony One

I have recently bought Logitech Harmony One and it is working quite well by now and I am using it for the home theater set up other than that I am having an Onkyo TX-SR706 receiver but then here I just wanted to ask if it is possible to set a custom volume level for each activity. I mean to say different volume level for the following:
    • Watch TV
    • Watch DVD
    • Listen to Music

Re: Is it possible to set custom volume level for each activity in Logitech Harmony One

I have recently bought Logitech Harmony One and it is working quite well by now and I am using it for the home theater set up other than that I am having an Onkyo TX-SR706 receiver but then here I just wanted to ask if it is possible to set a custom volume level for each activity. I mean to say different volume level for the following:

Watch TV
    Watch DVD
    Listen to Music

As far as I know that it will be possible if your remote is having that feature and I am not that sure that it is having it or not. I have found some people who have tried to do the same in a different way and it was like they had added some Volume Down commands at the end of an Activity and by adding some volume up commands in the start, it is possible to do so with this method but then the problem here is that you will have to wait for the command to get execute and you won’t be able to use it directly, it is just that you won’t get a fast result. So if you want you can try out the same and see if you find it better or not.

Re: Is it possible to set custom volume level for each activity in Logitech Harmony One

I think that I can explain the same in detail, just for e.g in my case I am having a pioneer receiver and the normal volume level with it is 21. So in order to get the same level for each of the activity I have just added 29 volume down at the end of the activity and for the next activity I have added 24 Volume up commands and now when I go for the music then it starts at the level 35 but then at the end of it, it gets down to 30 and then if I start the other activity then it will start at 29 again. I have tried to balance it out somehow but then the problem here is that in my case it was not working well for every time and things were getting messy so now I have stopped using the same. If you want then you can try it out and see what you get.

So in short it is not possible to set a custom volume level for each activity in the Logitech Harmony One?