Thread: How to control Yamaha NEOHD using Logitech Harmony One

How to control Yamaha NEOHD using Logitech Harmony One

I have recently bought a Yamaha neoHD system and I am also having a Logitech Harmony One and I want to use it for controlling the system but then I have found that it is not in the component library. So is there anyone who can help me out with the same or is there any way I can learn the same easily. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: How to control Yamaha NEOHD using Logitech Harmony One

I have recently bought a Yamaha neoHD system and I am also having a Logitech Harmony One and I want to use it for controlling the system but then I have found that it is not in the component library. So is there anyone who can help me out with the same or is there any way I can learn the same easily. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think that you should explain the same in detail because no one will be able to get the problem you are facing by what you have specified, so just tell me that what problem you are facing with the learning process?? So I can try to help you with the same.

The problem that I am facing is that the harmony is only set up for power on and off but then it is not able to change the screen and it also not allowing or responding to any movement. I will like to add that I have also tried to use the un-pair function but then it did not helped and it is not making any difference as well and now I really doubt if it is compatible in working with the Yamaha neoHD even though it is said to be a universal remote and all. Is there anyone who has got success in getting it work with the Yamaha neoHD. Any further help will be appreciated.

Even though I am not using the device but then I have tried to find a solution for the same and I have found that the device appear in the below section:
    Music Player -> Digital Music Server -> YMC-500 or YMC-700
    I am not very sure about the same, so just check it out and then let me know if it exists there or not.

As far as I am aware of these device, it is said that if you are having a system that uses original IR remote then it can be “learned” by any harmony but then the other thing that I wanted to share is that the Harmony One is not able to learn "Every" remote code and there are other commands as well that are found not to be working with the harmony at the “learning” stage and I think that the "Enter" is the very common one. So I think that you might be having the same type of case where the harmony is not compatible with the Yamaha neoHD you are using.

I think that you should try to learn the command as raw and for that you will have to click on the Custom button which is at the bottom of the page in the learning section, here just try to use a short press of the button on the original remote and see if it is making any difference. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I think that you are right, I wanted to share that I am having a Logitech Harmony One and I had bought a YMC-700 and in my case the harmony is able to recognize it well but then I have found that many of the commands are just not working but then I have somehow managed to asset it up and use it to control the YMC-700 like that only. I have found that most of the functions are working but then I doubt if I am aware of all the function yet.

I think that I can help you here because I have been able to set the harmony with the YMC-700 and it is working fine as well. If you want then you can try to follow the same method that I have used:
    Just for e.g. if you are using Watch Cable TV then just go Under Activities, Watch Cable TV and after that just click on the Settings>Review the settings for this Activity>Next> and then click on yes but then if you are willing to add more control of options and devices for this Activity then click on the next again and after that you will be asked to add that device in your activity, so just check the list and select if you find any and then save it.
    After that you will be allowed to add actions for the device as well, for the “watching TV” the screen will start on the Neo so just press on the enter and then you will be moved to the next level that will be Live TV so just click on the enter and then at the end you will get the below text at the completion of the process:
    “Custom Actions
    Please review the actions for your Watch Cable TV Activity:
    When you enter this Activity, these devices are turned on and the following actions occur:
    Device Start Action Remove Move1 Comcast Comcast DCX3400 Set to "Tuner" N/A N/A 2 Samsung Samsung UN55D600 Set to "HDMI 1/DVI" N/A N/A 3 Yamaha Yamaha YMC-700 Set to "Live TV" N/A N/A 4 Samsung UN55D600 The remote pauses for 2000 milliseconds
    5 Yamaha YMC-700 Send "Enter" command to the device
    6 Yamaha YMC-700 Send "Enter" command to the device”

Hey thanks for your help, it has really solved the issue and now even I am able to to control Yamaha neoHD using Logitech Harmony One, I was trying to do the same since when but then I am happy that I have solved it out with our help. Thanks once again.