Thread: Record from Sky Box using USB Recorder

Record from Sky Box using USB Recorder

I am planning to buy a Silvercrest USB Video Recorder very soon. I am thinking about recording the programs from sky+ box by the use of scart adapter. I don’t know whether it is possible or not but I have to give it a try.

Re: Record from Sky Box using USB Recorder

It is sad to say that NOT possible. The info I have is that USB ports can carry a current but it is only for the moment. Other than this you won’t be able to play back anything from HDD or not even recorded. There is no way that sky+ box can recognize the USB device as recorder.

I don’t know much about this USB recorder. Only thing I know is in order to record from an external origin the Recorder should have an AV-in connection. Most of the recorder doesn’t come with AV-in connection. So you need to check it before buying. Frequently the scart socket is simply AV-out.

Yes there is no way you can use the USB port on the box for recording. For that you should buy a DVD Recorder, and just copy to disk. There are many DVRs available. Make sure to get the compatible one. It's essential to move recordings from SKY+ box while the unique Sky card is still linked to it. Just the once that card is transferred to a latest box you will lose an option. Recording can be made by the use of the Scart socket. I don’t think that the USB socket is enabled.

I cannot come across a USB Video recorder obtainable by Lidl except did notice the USB Video Grabber.

If it is only the USB Video Grabber it's not really a video recorder. It is a collection of wires as well as a program that permits you to transfer videos from any device (external) like a video recorder and save in PC. It ought to allow you to connect the sky+ box using scart otherwise the S-video out to your PC and transfer the saved recordings on condition that they are not copyright protected.

Currently I am using the Liteon DVD recorder. You can connect it Simply to Sky+ using SCART.

Just replaced it with one more Liteon for the reason that the older one had no component outputs for proper connection to TV and the latest one was so inexpensive and looked superior.

What I usually do is you require getting the Sky+ HDD out of the Sky+ and connecting it in to your computer by the use of IDE instead simply utilizing the USB2 connection front of the Sky+ box. The usb ports lying on Sky boxes are disabled. Other than this the HDD recording are encrypted therefore can barely be played back on e Sky box using active viewing card.

Sky+ box just has single MPEG decoder therefore can simply show one program (recorded otherwise live) at a time. Therefore whatever thing played back into copy mode would be shown through the TV SCART too.
    For a numerous record / several playback-equipped PVR you should have a computer based solution now. GB-PVR with various Hauppauge MVPs utilized like terminals is one such instance -this configuration would permit the playback of as lots of other recordings since there are MVP boxes on the network.

IMHO the all in one technique is merely to do, as has been recommended, and connect the Sky+ box to a DVD recorder.
    You simply need to select Play on the Sky+ and Record using DVD recorder and that's it.
    With the PC process you'll can transfer all the recordings to the PC and afterward convert the files and write them on the DVD.

You may perhaps always take away the HDD from Sky+ box, and then copy the .TS files to a computer by the use of USB drive. The VLC player is able to play a raw transport stream file. You can as well convert the .TS file into AVI otherwise MPEG. For this you can use any low cost video converters freely available on the internet. Keep in mind that this will only work through the 'free' satellite channels. You cannot watch whichever movies, premium sports channels etc and such as the Sky box decrypts these during real-time while you play them. Make sure that you have a valid subscription.