Thread: How to connect Sky+ HD Box to TV using HDMI

How to connect Sky+ HD Box to TV using HDMI

I am getting problem on connecting my Sky+ HD box via HDMI to TV. There was no problem with the installation. I know that I have connected It properly. I have also checked the physical connections. I cannot get anything on the TV. After that you can use the scart from the Sky Box toward the DVD recorder

Re: How to connect Sky+ HD Box to TV using HDMI

The direct connection is not possible. You need to get the freeview Box or DVD recorder. You can use HDMI from the Sky+ HD to DVD recorder to the TV. For all this it would be better if you had Thompson v1 HD box. Anyway make sure that all the new and current boxes only have scart and HDMI.

You don’t need to worry about if you are not getting anything on the screen. One thing you are missing here and that is switcher, not a splitter. A splitter is typically used for feeding a single source concurrently to 2 otherwise more destinations; you have to toggle the feed to a single destination among 2 separate sources! Since the devices are entirely digital, except they faultily corrupt the signal due to many reasons, there must not be any degradation in quality.

In order to find a perfect solution you have to look at the online user guide. You will find a section in which they have described about the assign of coaxial input. I hope that this is the same optical input you are looking for.

You need to show the Lifestyle menu on monitor by pressing System, to show the Media Center menu push the icon that looks like the media center, afterward press enter, you should notice coaxial source and optical source as well, you will afterward need to move down and allocate the optical input to the equivalent input to which the HD box connected to, i.e. Cab/Sat device. Ensure the optical cable is connected in to the parallel input; this would be Cab/Sat.

If you can spend £200 then i know one solution.

Just get the signal from the sky box by the use of the HDMI socket, and take a converter (or simply a HDMI to DVI cable) connect into any a DVI & Audio to HDMI converter.

Actually you will need 2 additional plug sockets used for the transformers, but this should at present provide a HDMI output. I don’t know whether it will work or not but just give it a try. But this is just an idea which came in my mind a while back when I was trying to work out how I may perhaps share out SkyHD around the house.

The only thing you need is the DD5.1 as the HDMI cable is going straightforwardly to your TV and nothing else. Try it and remind me later.

As far as I know that the SKY+ barely accepts SCART, SKYHD = HDMI.
    The most excellent image you will obtain from a SKY+ box is---SKY box picture settings = RGB not PAL and 16:9 not 4:3
    I urge you to use a first-class Scart and connect to a TV scart socket that is RGB enabled.

Some particular TVs is designed to get HD inputs from the Component Video socket which are red, green plus blue phono sockets (they are not for usual RGB inputs in spite of the colors). You may notice that it is a common technique of connection can be seen in most of the countries.

Your Sky HD box contains Component Video outputs. You can connect it to tv by using suitable phono leads. You should as well connect the sound by stereo white and red sockets. You will after that find your HD flawlessly.