Thread: Corsair H100 CPU cooler Thermal paste

Corsair H100 CPU cooler Thermal paste

AS you know that the H100 is an Extreme Performance Liquid CPU cooler compatible for most of the processors as well as motherboards. I have bought one. While looking at its manual i come to know that it previously include thermal paste applied to the block. So do you think that i should go with it as it or remove it and put a different one?

Re: Corsair H100 CPU cooler Thermal paste

With regard to ventilation devices, we will rely on the electronic temperature control of the products concerned. For this review will not perform noise tests of the two systems for a simple reason: using the temperature control system, we are not able to "isolate" in any way the components that affect the test. In fact we should take measurements that would be biased by "sounds" generated by all components of the system, going to provide data that would reflect the reality in any way. Even if carried out checks on fans alone, will not provide reliable data as we can not know the typical curve of temperature control.

If you have the money and space, it might be worth it already. Fan should be replaced by my knowledge but rather. It replaces simply no real watercooling, this is the shortcoming. Values I've seen of the H100 is still no, only by H50 & H70. I would say that for 70 Euros you get the same performance and still bit quieter.

Incorporates two types of kits for different sockets. The kit consists of an Intel backplate and fastening of the pump. The backplate is essential to escape the bad anchors that come by default on the plates, because they are unstable and unreliable. With this accessory can screw the pump on a stable and reliable. For installation, only change Intel anchors which are the default ones by AMD. Two screws per anchor is the only stumbling block to find to replace them. After that will place the fasteners to attach the plate. Finally, there is only set it to the plate and tighten the fasteners so that it is fully subject. In the first installation, no need to apply thermal paste as it comes factory pre-applied.

That's a problem solved only when you have enough money. You can get water cooling kits for your computer but they always vary in performance. I wish there are other ways to get affordable kits which can be use for a long time.